Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Imagine if the game on Sunday had to be abandoned after 82 minutes with Albion 3-0 up

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
... Would there have been a riot?

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la
I always thought it was somewhere around the 70th minute that result stood if abandoned.:shrug:

D

Deleted member 2719

I played in a game that was abandoned when we were 3-0 up at half time, it was just a little bit heated!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Imagine if the game on Sunday had to be abandoned after 82 minutes with Albion

Thanks. I didn't know there was a set time for a result to stand. So, say, it was after 55 mins with Albion 3-0 up and rain getting heavier... And Pawson calls time on the game. What would have happened?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The result of the game is at the discretion of the League committee and in reaching a decision they consider the reason for the abandonment but it is usually accepted that the result will stand if more than 2/3rds of the game has been played but assuming the winning team are not at fault or responsible for the abandonment.

We were losing heavilly at Swindon one season and the ref abandoned the game just after half time due to a waterlogged pitch and the game was replayed but we lost that as well.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
We were losing 0-4 at Swindon on New Years Day 1977 when the match was abandoned after 67 minutes. The game was replayed at the end of the season, Swindon won 2-1.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Imagine if the game on Sunday had to be abandoned after 82 minutes with Albion

Irrespective of the League's eventual decision, do you think there have been crowd trouble at the stadium, though, in response to the ref's decision?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We were losing 0-4 at Swindon on New Years Day 1977 when the match was abandoned after 67 minutes. The game was replayed at the end of the season, Swindon won 2-1.

We were told at half time by the police that the ref was going to restart the game and then call it off before 69th minute so that it would have to be replayed. I didn't think that it was as long at 67 mins but wouldn't argue.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
The official time is 75 minutes played score then stands

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Surely if a team is more then 3 goals up with 30 minutes to go, then that team would 'win.'

Dec 29, 2011
Irrespective of the League's eventual decision, do you think there have been crowd trouble at the stadium, though, in response to the ref's decision?
No, maybe if Palace were 3-0 up a few would have kicked off in the away end. But if we were 3-0 up our fans would have filed out quietly and thanked the ref for his time. :whistle:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Games have to finish. Honest.

I was at that game - Nobby Horton was in the refs ear for the whole of the second half - mind you it was like a swamp.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here