Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

37 Years Of Hurt

el punal

The monkey is well and truly off my back! At last, I've seen my first win over Palace since that wonderful Goldstone night in Feb.1976 when we won 2-0 in front of 33,000.

Since then I've watched many Albion/Palace encounters including the infamous FA Cup games 1976 (Challis of Palace), the battles in and around Selhurst and the Goldstone in the 70s and 80s, the match when Gerry Ryan had his career ended by Henry Hughton's horror tackle, all of them either draws or defeats.

So now we come to last season, a beautiful sunny late summer's evening and as you all know we got tonked, cue massive depression.

Fast forward to Sunday morning, cold, wet, miserable and on the back of 3 poor away performances and with Palace flying, I thought what chance have we got.

Oh me of little faith! The boys did their stuff and my life changed at 12.43, got even better at 12.46 and by 13.08 I swear I was not on this planet!

At last, 37 years on I've seen the Albion beat the muppets. So a big THANK YOU to Gus, Leo, Spanish Dave, the rest of the team, St.Patrick, Guinness, the fans and everyone else that I have'nt mentioned - what a game, what a win, what a day! :albion2: :albion2:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Awesome day - exorcises the demons from September 2011 for me, and that terrible night at the AMEX.

Time to also see off 30 years of hurt this year, and reverse our relegation from the top flight in 83.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
The monkey is well and truly off my back! At last, I've seen my first win over Palace since that wonderful Goldstone night in Feb.1976 when we won 2-0 in front of 33,000.

Good things come to those who wait :albion2:

el punal

37 years since you saw us win???
What about
1979/1980/1981/1984 twice/1986/1987/2005?

I was'nt there! That's my point, for various reasons (work, family, money) I was unlucky NOT to to see an Albion win. If you like I can list all the games against Palace that I have seen if you doubt my "loyalty". :(

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton

Since then I've watched many Albion/Palace encounters including the infamous FA Cup games 1976 (Challis of Palace), the battles in and around Selhurst and the Goldstone in the 70s and 80s, the match when Gerry Ryan had his career ended by Henry Hughton's horror tackle, all of them either draws or defeats.

So now we come to last season, a beautiful sunny late summer's evening and as you all know we got tonked, cue massive depression.

Fast forward to Sunday morning, cold, wet, miserable and on the back of 3 poor away performances and with Palace flying, I thought what chance have we got.

Oh me of little faith! The boys did their stuff and my life changed at 12.43, got even better at 12.46 and by 13.08 I swear I was not on this planet!

At last, 37 years on I've seen the Albion beat the muppets. So a big THANK YOU to Gus, Leo, Spanish Dave, the rest of the team, St.Patrick, Guinness, the fans and everyone else that I have'nt mentioned - what a game, what a win, what a day! :albion2: :albion2:

It was my second win v palace I've witnessed. The 1st being the 1-0 in 2005 and I've only been to 3 Palace games (BAD FAN):albion2:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So a big THANK YOU to Gus, Leo, Spanish Dave, the rest of the team, St.Patrick, Guinness, the fans and everyone else that I have'nt mentioned
You're welcome.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
First Palace win since 27.12.80 (and also where it all started for me). Help heal the wounds from last seasons disaster at the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here