Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zaha Banned + Fined

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Now I'm no Zaha fan but swearing at a fan results in a fine and a ban. Yet the FA decide Callum McManaman's horror (and potentially career ending) tackle should go unpunished.

Not really right is it.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Now I'm no Zaha fan but swearing at a fan results in a fine and a ban. Yet the FA decide Callum McManaman's horror (and potentially career ending) tackle should go unpunished.

Not really right is it.

Punishing the tackle would open up a can of worms though. Things should not be retroactively punished if spotted by the officials already and no action taken.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Punishing the tackle would open up a can of worms though. Things should not be retroactively punished if spotted by the officials already and no action taken.

Not punishing it is worse in my book. Perhaps Newcastle should get legal advice. If that had been a Brighton player out for the season while McManaman walks away scot free I'd be LIVID.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Not really right is it.

Agree re the 'tackle'

C McM should be getting minimum of a three game ban.

Zaha's punishment is about right IMO

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
And the Wigan boy got away scot free .

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

I really don't see why not. If the ref doesn't take what most people would consider reasonable action, it should be reviewed.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I know he purposely did the hearing so he can avoid the ban for the game on Sunday. Might as well have not played :lolol:

He didn't, did he? :D

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Not really right is it.
It is not right that Callum's tackle went unpunished, no. Not sure what that's got to do with Zaha though.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It is not right that Callum's tackle went unpunished, no. Not sure what that's got to do with Zaha though.

Directly it's not about Zaha but the fairness of the rulebook. Zaha deserved his fine and ban, but by the same measure C MCM deserves the same treatment.

Horror Tackle: Unpunished.
Swearing at crowed: Punished.

Not really right is it.

I agree Biscuit. It's not really right. Zaha should have got three matches as it was a straight red offence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here