Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any chance that the Amex stadium can increase its capacity in the near future ?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Great to see the Amex record attendance and sell out against Palace Sunday. If Brighton do go up maybe this season or next, what chance do people think that the capacity can be increased and if there will be a demand for extra seats ? I see Southampton can get about 32-33,000 in their stadium in the Premiership. It would be great if there was some way the Amex could get similar if not more if the demand was there. That way Brighton maybe considered the "biggest club" on the south coast.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Great to see the Amex record attendance and sell out against Palace Sunday. If Brighton do go up maybe this season or next, what chance do people think that the capacity can be increased and if there will be a demand for extra seats ? I see Southampton can get about 32-33,000 in their stadium in the Premiership. It would be great if there was some way the Amex could get similar if not more if the demand was there. That way Brighton 'may' 'be' considered the "biggest club" on the south coast.

Just how important is that FFS.

More importantly is that the Albion continues to fill the Amex to the level which it currently does.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
No need.

Even if we get promoted there will be enough seats.

Look at our historical attendances.

When have we ever averaged over 30k?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I don't think we'd be able to without changing the structure of the stadium. And also with an ever-increasing capacity, there's transport, health and safety, catering and other facilities that would need to be expanded. I think the Amex was built with 30,000 seats in mind, even if we reach the Premiership.

Dec 29, 2011
I don't think we'd be able to without changing the structure of the stadium. And also with an ever-increasing capacity, there's transport, health and safety, catering and other facilities that would need to be expanded. I think the Amex was built with 30,000 seats in mind, even if we reach the Premiership.
Time for a new stadium to satisfy demand?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Great to see the Amex record attendance and sell out against Palace Sunday. If Brighton do go up maybe this season or next, what chance do people think that the capacity can be increased and if there will be a demand for extra seats ? I see Southampton can get about 32-33,000 in their stadium in the Premiership. It would be great if there was some way the Amex could get similar if not more if the demand was there. That way Brighton maybe considered the "biggest club" on the south coast.

Not needed unless we consistently sell out.

Maybe move the North Stand offices to the training ground, and add a small North Upper, or extra concoursing, to accommodate *safe standing* in the North ( if it becomes legal ).

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
No need.

When have we ever played at a ground like the Amex ? From less than 8,000 at the Withdean to 28,000 at the Amex in a couple of years and people on the waiting list for season tickets. I Think playing Man Utd, Livepool, Arsenal ect if there was 35,000 seats available they would be snapped up in no time.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Our revenue Sunday would have surpassed Southamptons best EVER figure

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Realy why ? Are tickets cheaper at ST Marys or what other reasons ?

The revenue from food and drink and hospitality is much higher % per head than St Marys which being city centre a lot more fans will eat and drink before arriving

+ I think our lounges for boxes and 1901's probably generate more tahn a lot of other stadia?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
There is a big space between the top of the North and the roof. The rake of that stand could be increased and heightened I should think?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was told ages ago, when it first opened, that the foundations were sufficient for another tier all round if ever required but obviously that would be a major decision for major changes for the stadium and a lot of other factors would have to be considered. before a decision was made but it is possible.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
No need.

No, we'd sell out every match in the Premiership like Reading, Swansea, QPR & Southampton do, it's the biggest league in the world. However it is vital that we set the club up as a championship club seeing as we're likely to be spending a lot of time there in the next 50 years. 30750 is plenty big enough for the Championship. If we were to put in a few more thousand more seats, our stadium may start to look half full like Blackburn, M'boro, Bolton, Birmingham & Smellhurst (1/4 full) etc.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I'd rather have a 30k stadium full to the rafters every week than a 45k stadium only 3/4 full to be honest. I'm not sure the demand is there for more than 30,000. Yet.

As a WSU - I took the advantage of having a little sit down at the back of the North after the Massacre on Sunday. Great view and perhaps a chance of putting another tier on top if we made Prem. I would have liked to have been in there when Ulloa stoked home our third.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here