Great work Gideon

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Gideon must be the most incompetent Chancellor for decades. He has no idea of finance- all he knows about is looking after his public school mates in the effluent society. I'm sure all of us plebs will be made to pay for his ineptitude in the budget tomorrow. After all, "we're all in it together"!
Meanwhile, my sympathies go out to all those who have lost their jobs today and the many more who, after tomorrow, will face losing theirs!

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
AstraZeneca to cut 2,150 jobs in George Osborne's constituency | Business | The Guardian

And just 5 months after they were granted 5 million of tax payer's money to develop their R&D facility.

And 2 years ago Gideon said these are the type of jobs the UK needs to keep. That was a week or so before Pfizer announced the closure of its huge site in Kent.

Fantastic work Gideon.

Most of the jobs are being kept in the UK.....................the North West's loss is Cambridgeshire's gain.

AstraZeneca to shift 1,000 jobs south - FT.com

If you want to have a rant at epic balls up and loss of UK jobs you should have a look at this one............

Asleep at the wheel - Ford cuts jobs in Europe, the EUs bank delivers for Ford in Turkey | Bankwatch

Remember we can vote the Tories out...............how do we get shot of the EU and all the twats there.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
AstraZeneca to cut 2,150 jobs in George Osborne's constituency | Business | The Guardian

And just 5 months after they were granted 5 million of tax payer's money to develop their R&D facility.

And 2 years ago Gideon said these are the type of jobs the UK needs to keep. That was a week or so before Pfizer announced the closure of its huge site in Kent.

Fantastic work Gideon.

And these................

EU forces sugar giant Tate & Lyle into job cuts at Silvertown refinery - Organisations - Newham Recorder

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

Fantastic work Gideon.

the man is a sniveling little turd and the soon david gets rid the better and while he is at pack his own cases as well

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
the man is a sniveling little turd and the soon david gets rid the better and while he is at pack his own cases as well

Spot on my friend.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Most of the jobs are being kept in the UK.....................the North West's loss is Cambridgeshire's gain.

AstraZeneca to shift 1,000 jobs south - FT.com

This is under half though. And after Osborne allegedly played a part in them getting 5 million of our money for their R&D facility. Personally I do not have an issue with the government investing like this but there needs to be some assurances in return.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
N
That is also to do with crazy EU laws and protectionism, nothing to do with our government

Yes, that is exactly the point though isn't it.........we have a democratically elected given rendered impotent to the politburo that is the European Commission. If you don't like the Tories you can vote them out, how do you get rid of the European Commissioners that have made these decisions?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Gideon must be the most incompetent Chancellor for decades. He has no idea of finance- all he knows about is looking after his public school mates in the effluent society. I'm sure all of us plebs will be made to pay for his ineptitude in the budget tomorrow. After all, "we're all in it together"!
Meanwhile, my sympathies go out to all those who have lost their jobs today and the many more who, after tomorrow, will face losing theirs!

:thumbsup:

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
This is under half though. And after Osborne allegedly played a part in them getting 5 million of our money for their R&D facility. Personally I do not have an issue with the government investing like this but there needs to be some assurances in return.

They are investing £500m in a new facility in Cambridge and relocating the majority of the jobs (most likely the scientists) sadly 700 jobs (most likely support staff) will be lost in Cheshire. Not great for Cheshire but good news for Cambridge so its not a national disater. The Guardian's headline is misleading but then it's likely to be given its disposition.

In the meantime unelected politicians in the EU are responsible for thousands of job losses in the UK and the Guardian and people like you say nothing............your one eyed bigotry is astounding.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not great for Cheshire but good news for Cambridge so its not a national disaster

I'm sorry but losing this amount of skilled and well paid jobs off the back of AZ's last round of cuts and the closure of Pfizer in Kent is a disaster given the government stated how critical these types of jobs are to the UK in general and also the rebalancing of the UK economy. Yet another Osborne idea in complete tatters.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

You will have to explain what the issue is because this article does not really give any detail. It simply states they cannot get a full supply of raw materials. What's stopping them? Companies usually blame others when they're not doing well; I don't think I have ever heard a CEO ever blame the company or himself for short comings.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Really? Has he virtually given away our Gold Reserves? Has he let the City run wild? Has he used public money to bail out the banks, without making sure they were properly structured and failed to control their high stakes gambles that give rise to massive individual bonuses, using said public money?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here