Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hands up we were crap

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Thought I would start this thread so other Palace fans can come here and put their hands up and say we were crap on Sunday after about 35 promising minutes. The better team won on the day but we look forward to bouncing back against Birmingham and still finishing second.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Very magnanimous. You don't get to be third in the division by being that shit every week and I still reckon you could get second.

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
Me too, well played sirs. We were toothless and I'm actually grateful that there weren't any contentious decisions (apart from perhaps Dikgacoi should have gone) for either side to mar what was just a deserved victory and deserved defeat respectively.

We just need a reaction now against Birmingham and probably a couple of favours from other teams.

I think we are now destined for the play offs though and worry that we will have little momentum going into them which as we all know is crucial.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Me too, well played sirs. We were toothless and I'm actually grateful that there weren't any contentious decisions (apart from perhaps Dikgacoi should have gone) for either side to mar what was just a deserved victory and deserved defeat respectively.

We just need a reaction now against Birmingham and probably a couple of favours from other teams.

I think we are now destined for the play offs though and worry that we will have little momentum going into them which as we all know is crucial.

Still 8 games to go and much to happen. Watford losing at Barnsley, you hammering Hull etc. Much to happen and nothing decided.

Could even have Forest finishing 2nd if they carry on in their Reading form

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Didn't think Palace were that bad. Judging on the first forty minutes, I thought they were more likely to score. But the two goals knocked the stuffing out of them, as it would most teams. Brighton played strongly as a team throughout.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I was hoping to get into half time at 0-0 and for Gus to maybe rejig one or two things - we had been struggling to penetrate until 43 minutes. Palace were certainly making a game of it at that point though players from both sides had been making unforced errors and maybe the occasion was getting to them.

2-0 up and it's a completely different story; at 3-0, game over. Palace offered very little after that, Brighton had the wind in their sails, and maybe we should have scored more.

Superb result for us, and understandably deflating for our friends up the road, but ultimately the result doesn't define the season for either of us. Having seen how Palace bounced back from 2-0 down at Watford I know they can do much better.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
:tantrum: I'm over it :whistle:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Didn't think Palace were that bad. Judging on the first forty minutes, I thought they were more likely to score. But the two goals knocked the stuffing out of them, as it would most teams. Brighton played strongly as a team throughout.

This. In fact in the first half up to 42 minutes I thought Palace were more likely to score than us.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Your boys took a hell of a beating.....Bert Head, Budgie Byrne, John Jackson, Yogi Hughes, Jim Cannon, Malcolm Allison, Terry Venables, Rashid Harkouk, Vince Hilaire, Wrighty and Brighty, Alan Pardew, Steve Coppell, Ron Noades, Simon Jordan, Wilfred Zaha, Glenn Murray, Ronnie Corbett...Ronnie Corbett can you hear me...your boys took a hell of a beating!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Your boys took a hell of a beating.....Bert Head, Budgie Byrne, John Jackson, Yogi Hughes, Jim Cannon, Malcolm Allison, Terry Venables, Rashid Harkouk, Vince Hilaire, Wrighty and Brighty, Alan Pardew, Steve Coppell, Ron Noades, Simon Jordan, Wilfred Zaha, Glenn Murray, Ronnie Corbett...Ronnie Corbett can you hear me...your boys took a hell of a beating!
Nookie bear ?

Thought I would start this thread so other Palace fans can come here and put their hands up and say we were crap on Sunday after about 35 promising minutes. The better team won on the day but we look forward to bouncing back against Birmingham and still finishing second.

Well done and well said COYP. And in this atmosphere of openness and honesty I will now admit that your third goal at Selhurst in December WAS a penalty.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Well done and well said COYP. And in this atmosphere of openness and honesty I will now admit that your third goal at Selhurst in December WAS a penalty.

TheMajor, what's happened to you over the last 24 hours? I like it, though :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here