Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This guy Vicente. Not good enough or not fit?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I thought he was the bees knees. Gonna change the world, or at least Albion's world. Best player in the division by a country mile.

So what happened? Ok he was injured, and injured, and injured, and injured ....

But I thought he was "fit" again now?

So if he's fit and if he's so bloody good, how come he didn't start on Sunday?

I'm not suggesting that he should have done. He certainly would not have contributed anything more than the midfielders we had on the pitch ..... but my question is how a player who we've been lead to believe is the best thing since sliced bread ended up on the bench in one of the most crucial games of the season?

Maybe, just maybe is Gus losing faith in him?

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Think the fact we've only won once in how many games he's started, maybe seen as a bad omen at the moment!! Gus poronably has seen that as well!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
If you dont think he is the bees knees you know nothing.
He was ready to come on if needed.
We were miles ahead of Palarse 2nd half, why risk him getting injured.
We have huge games coming up, Forest and Leicester, keep him fit for them.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
You cannot build a team around a player as unreliable as Vicente, especially when we our midfield is the strongest part of the team. I still think he can play a part between now and the end of the season, but I would use him purely off the bench, unless we have an injury crisis and our hand is forced.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
It is simple, he won't be here next year so Gus is sitting him on the bench just in case we need him. What's the point of adjusting the team for this last stretch, keep the team as settled as possible, let the dagger fly back to Spain at the end of the season.....move on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Vicente didn't fit into Sunday's team and formation.

We have a squad that is good enough to keep Vicente out.

It feels like that should be repeated at infinitum.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Aoplogies, by the way, as I'd forgotten that it was verboten to criticise the great man.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
You cannot build a team around a player as unreliable as Vicente, especially when we our midfield is the strongest part of the team. I still think he can play a part between now and the end of the season, but I would use him purely off the bench, unless we have an injury crisis and our hand is forced.

It is simple, he won't be here next year so Gus is sitting him on the bench just in case we need him. What's the point of adjusting the team for this last stretch, keep the team as settled as possible, let the dagger fly back to Spain at the end of the season.....move on.

Both of these ... he'll get used again for sure, maybe even a start, but we're now looking at life after Vicente I think

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
You can afford to give your best players a rest against such inferior opposition. Hasnt Alex Ferguson been doing this for years?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
how a player who we've been lead to believe is the best thing since sliced bread ended up on the bench in one of the most crucial games of the season?

That sneaky ****er. He's tricked us into thinking he's good. Those THIRTY EIGHT caps for Spain aren't fooling me though - I know a dud when I see one.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
You can afford to give your best players a rest against such inferior opposition. Hasnt Alex Ferguson been doing this for years?

He's been rested on a pretty much permanent basis. Any more rested and he'd be dead.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
My source says that he is APOPLECTIC with rage at the fact that so many people leave early from games. THAT is the real reason why he isn't starting.

As an aside, did anyone see him warming up towards the end of the game on Sunday? Gus seemed to be encouraging him to put some effort in, but from the East stand, it looked like he was a little reluctant? Making a mountain out of a molehill, maybe?

I'm loving the "Thank God Gus played two wingers up front" comments at the moment. Makes a welcome change from people demanding he go 4-4-2, with two out-and-out strikers. Personally I'd like to see a combination – a 4-2-4 formation with Buckley, Ulloa, Barker and LuaLua terrorising the opposition, and Vicente and Bridcutt bossing the midfield.

F
L
A
I
R

:jester:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Vicente has no physical injuries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here