Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Meltdown at the Palace

Oh My Goodness – the Nigels have not taken the 3-0 defeat well have they.

It would appear that Steve Parish has got himself embroiled in a public slanging match on Twitter again with Palace fans as he had the downright cheek to congratulate us on our win. This has led to the rehashing of an old argument with certain fans still furious at his treatment of Freedman. It’s descended into Parish asking other fans to grass up the Twitter bullies so he can set the force of the law on them and also ban them from Selhurst for life. Palace players have also got themselves in Twitter fest arguments about their commitment following the St Patricks Day Rout.

Holloway ,apparently, IS a West Country idiot- he got the tactics wrong - the substitutions wrong - he complained at getting his coat wet while thousands of Palace stood in the soaking wet in abject humiliation - he also dismissed the game as just another game and he doesn’t get the rivalry – Gus does! Fans are turning on fans on the internet as they argue about the defeat.

Some now say we aren’t their true rivals – others disagree. To the game itself – they bossed it until we scored ! we shouldn’t have scored – we are cheating diving injury feigning nancy boys – the ref gave everything to us – it rained – the pitch was wet which suited our hoof ball style – it shouldn’t have rained – it was the wrong rain – they got wet we didn’t.

Kuszczak should be arrested for inciting a riot – the vertical finger pointing Zaha of last week apparently forgotten – Williams ran the show – their fullbacks had bad games – Dikgacoi should never play for them again.

We never sang – they didn’t like our songs – we left early – they never leave early – the Palace who did leave early got held back by Police in the rain – The Police marched them too far aimlessly up & down Queens Road pre match – post match The Police made them stand on Falmer station in the rain – it was cold – it had puddles on it – it never rains in Croydon.

Meanwhile at the Selhurst beamback all was not well – apparently the score was the same as at the Amex – they didn’t like that –more people turned up than expected – a Selhurst first! - the picture quality was poor – the beer ran out – it was too expensive (£15) – the food was shite – they lost 3-0.

And so it goes on and on – and to think we suffered a heartbreaking last minute 2-3 defeat at Withdean , the 5-0 & 3-0 defeats at Selhurst and the 1-3 Amex humiliation. We were upset and down but I don’t recall us turning on each other to this degree – some Clubs just don’t have any class.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
:clap:

It would appear that Steve Parish has got himself embroiled in a public slanging match on Twitter again with Palace fans as he had the downright cheek to congratulate us on our win. This has led to the rehashing of an old argument with certain fans still furious at his treatment of Freedman. It’s descended into Parish asking other fans to grass up the Twitter bullies so he can set the force of the law on them and also ban them from Selhurst for life. Palace players have also got themselves in Twitter fest arguments about their commitment following the St Patricks Day Rout.

Holloway ,apparently, IS a West Country idiot- he got the tactics wrong - the substitutions wrong - he complained at getting his coat wet while thousands of Palace stood in the soaking wet in abject humiliation - he also dismissed the game as just another game and he doesn’t get the rivalry – Gus does! Fans are turning on fans on the internet as they argue about the defeat.

Some now say we aren’t their true rivals – others disagree. To the game itself – they bossed it until we scored ! we shouldn’t have scored – we are cheating diving injury feigning nancy boys – the ref gave everything to us – it rained – the pitch was wet which suited our hoof ball style – it shouldn’t have rained – it was the wrong rain – they got wet we didn’t.

Kuszczak should be arrested for inciting a riot – the vertical finger pointing Zaha of last week apparently forgotten – Williams ran the show – their fullbacks had bad games – Dikgacoi should never play for them again.

We never sang – they didn’t like our songs – we left early – they never leave early – the Palace who did leave early got held back by Police in the rain – The Police marched them too far aimlessly up & down Queens Road pre match – post match The Police made them stand on Falmer station in the rain – it was cold – it had puddles on it – it never rains in Croydon.

Meanwhile at the Selhurst beamback all was not well – apparently the score was the same as at the Amex – they didn’t like that –more people turned up than expected – a Selhurst first! - the picture quality was poor – the beer ran out – it was too expensive (£15) – the food was shite – they lost 3-0.

And so it goes on and on – and to think we suffered a heartbreaking last minute 2-3 defeat at Withdean , the 5-0 & 3-0 defeats at Selhurst and the 1-3 Amex humiliation. We were upset and down but I don’t recall us turning on each other to this degree – some Clubs just don’t have any class.

Top Post Major :thumbsup:

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Major, more stuff like this, less stuff on attendance figures. top post :clap:

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Hahaha was feeling knackered but that's woke me up....... Brilliant post, can't someone post a link to this on their BBS ?

......Meanwhile at the Selhurst beamback all was not well – apparently the score was the same as at the Amex......

Excellent post, this bit especially made me LOL.

Murry

Banned
Nov 29, 2012
Right. It's been a couple of days on now and time to post my views from
A palac perspective. :)

Firstly well done you 100% deserved the win. No excuses from me about the ref etc the best team won. You looked a much better unit than you have done the past few times we have played and now with Ulloa you have a genuine goal threat. I also thought Buckley was superb and took our left back to the cleaners. Your players we're really up for it too.

Atmosphere was for game was awful, from both sets of fans :(
Maybe due to Sunday kick off I dunno. We were loud for about 10 mins in first half you about 10 mins in second. also I was more impressed by the fans from the stand to the left of the away fans (west?), when they sing 'albiooooon' it sounds good. I can can honestly say I didn't hear the north stand until about 5 minutes to go.

As far as new grounds go I really like the Amex it's a bit different and like how close the fans are to the pitch. But I've never seen so many fans leave early when they are 3 up!!!

Anyway good luck for the rest of the season, if you play like that we'll probably see you in the play offs

Murry

Banned
Nov 29, 2012
Also what was your guys view on Jonny Williams? Holloway taking him off at half time has caused a bit of a stir...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland

Firstly well done you 100% deserved the win. No excuses from me about the ref etc the best team won. You looked a much better unit than you have done the past few times we have played and now with Ulloa you have a genuine goal threat. I also thought Buckley was superb and took our left back to the cleaners. Your players we're really up for it too.

Maybe due to Sunday kick off I dunno. We were loud for about 10 mins in first half you about 10 mins in second. also I was more impressed by the fans from the stand to the left of the away fans (west?), when they sing 'albiooooon' it sounds good. I can can honestly say I didn't hear the north stand until about 5 minutes to go.

As far as new grounds go I really like the Amex it's a bit different and like how close the fans are to the pitch. But I've never seen so many fans leave early when they are 3 up!!!

Anyway good luck for the rest of the season, if you play like that we'll probably see you in the play offs

thought the north stand was very poor tbh,until the last 15mins,didnt hear them 1st half(usually do).

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Parrish really is an embarrassment to that club. Having his own account on the BBS (negative repped by myself on many occasions) and the whole Twitter thing. What a narcissistic prick.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

I had to log in just to say that is an absolutely fantastic post!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Thanks for the fair comments. Funnily enough I thought the atmosphere was excellent from where I sat in the WSU, both the North stand and in the first half at least your lot were very audible. I think the acoustics at the Amex make it very difficult for the south stand to hear the north and vice versa. As for Williams, surprised and pleased he was taken off at half-time, he is a decent player.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
thought the north stand was very poor tbh,until the last 15mins,didnt hear them 1st half(usually do).

Derbies lead to tension and nerves, and a hint of violence in the air. What are people expecting? A knees-up carnival atmosphere at the start?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here