Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Of all the excuses for their abject HUMILIATION...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
....post 444 on here takes the biscuit.

Holloway doesn't care about the rivalry - Page 23 - CPFC BBS

Neither here nor on the Back From The Game thread has anyone commented about the appalling weather conditions and how that affected the players and game as a whole, although there are plenty moaning about getting soaking wet themselves.

We generally play a fast passing game that just doesn't bode well with yesterday’s heavy conditions or lend itself to skillful wing play. It appears to me that had this been played on a bright, sunny, dry day on a pitch that was well groomed and wasn't waterlogged; the result would have been totally different.

From what I've read, and there's a lot of it to read, the main difference was that they were better equipped to adapt to and tolerate the bad conditions and they also had the benefit of playing the match on their cow field where they know every divert and dint.

My opinion is, I don't think that anyone is to blame (Manager or Players). It's just that we didn't adapt to the conditions as well as they did on the day and the conditions took us out of our comfort zone.

Where to start :lolol:
He had me at "divert and dint"

Take a bow "FansAbroadLLC". What a complete and utter WEAPON.

Glorious.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
So glad we beat this lot! Bloody funny some of the crap they come up with though.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Did anybody on there feel that it was unfair of us to complete the whole match with 11 men?

I'm amazed they haven't blamed Adrian Durham yet-he mentioned how we battered them and Palace didn't get a penalty so he feels his campaign is starting to have an affect :amex:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
We generally play a fast passing game

WTF? Looked more like they just pump it into the channels.

Albion regarded as the best passing team in the league seemed to do alright on the cow's field''

Anyone else notice the Glenn Murray song sounded more like they were singing Glenn Marie?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hahahahahaha. That is laugh out loud funny, great spot.

Look, we know where they are currently, and it is a desperate and sad place, full of bitterness, hurt and loss of self-esteem. Welcome to the world of a derby drubbing, and they've had it coming for far too long. Let's see how they deal with it (none too well on the face of the early evidence).

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Cow field??? Sorry ......... Cow field??? Only deluded cock that thinks a bit of rain made us win could think we have cow field for a pitch. Still when you have the state of the art Selhurst to go to every game I guess the Amex is a bit of a dump! :whistle:

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I would've thought the rain would help their 'fast, attacking football' for the first hour and a quarter until the water started to build up...

Basically, this is them:

5399805046_0d30e4dd70.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What a tool blaming the weather, unbelievable delusion. And anyway, I don't see where knowing every divert and dint comes into it - Lopez's free kick never touched the ground.

As for Speroni, he knows what the grass is like in the back of the South Stand net better than anybody.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Haven't they still got to play Blackpool away? Well if that's anything to go by the aftermath will make good reading

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Jesus H Christ on a bike, is that Genuine? I mean really??? Come to think of it. i guess that would explain how our renowned bunch of cloggers and long ball merchants came unstuck on their crown green bowling arena back in December. Oh how I long for Gus to play the continental palace passing game

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
So much bitterness and straw clutching on that site-try this one...http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=241369

What a gormless set of fans that club has.

This is the incident they are complaining about - did Leo lead with the elbow? Looks a possible combination of elbow and head. Good job he didn't get sent off! (btw, doesn't our stadium look fantastic in that vid?!)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He doesn't lead with the arm at all. At the last second pulls his arm back into his body. Possibly yellow but would have been an extremely harsh red card.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
He doesn't lead with the arm at all. At the last second pulls his arm back into his body. Possibly yellow but would have been an extremely harsh red cars.
Never a yellow let alone a red card. Accidental headbutt. His arm doesn't even make contact with Murray's head,

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Never a yellow let alone a red card. Accidental headbutt. His arm doesn't even make contact with Murray's head,

No but it could (and I would disagree) be interpreted as dangerous. Seen them given.

The intent has nothing to with it under the laws of the game.

But elbow ? Rubbish.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
i found a video of this 'slick passing football' that they speak of

unfortunately for their argument, it is a video of us....

against them...

in those 'terrible' conditions.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

I like how Ulloa's run started just outside their box and he curled in with nobody picking him up, nobody even noticed him until he took out Murray-accidentally of course. Gus is so right when he says that he is the striker we've been missing since Murray left. He will make us a LOT of money in the future, either through a transfer fee or from the PL. Great signing for the club.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here