Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Youngest ever Oldham manager, once scored 30 yard screamer for the Albion at Withdean!

D

Deleted User X18H

Lee Johnson in the AWS back in 2001. Only appearance I think.

I was there. Do NONE of you remember?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Lee Johnson in the AWS back in 2001. Only appearance I think.

I was there. Do NONE of you remember?

I think the person who first posted about this earlier remembers. Have you thought about asking Gus? I doubt he remembers but someone might have told him about it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I remember reading that Ivor Broadis, the ex-England international, was the youngest ever League manager at the age of 23. How does anyone become a player-manager aged 23?! Apparently, his stint ended when he sold himself from Carlisle to another club!

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I remember reading that Ivor Broadis, the ex-England international, was the youngest ever League manager at the age of 23. How does anyone become a player-manager aged 23?! Apparently, his stint ended when he sold himself from Carlisle to another club!

That's a great story. Love it. I hope it's true.

D

Deleted User X18H

I think the person who first posted about this earlier remembers. Have you thought about asking Gus? I doubt he remembers but someone might have told him about it.

Funny you should say that?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Youngest ever Oldham manager, once scored 30 yard screamer for the Albion at Wi

It was actually a good finish from about 12 yards but yes he did score for us.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Good old HB&B. Always second with the news.

Oct 25, 2003
i vaguely remember it, but i can't remember what actually happened to johnson at the club. He's had a pretty decent career post-albion, was it just a matter of him falling out with the club? I can't remember him playing after that game

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Tended to get pigeonholed as the manager's son. Was never very popular at Bristol City, I don't think, not whil Gary Johnson was in charge.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
On a similar note, what's happened to Alan Navarro? Can't remember him getting into the first team for ages. I'm surprised he hasn't gone out on loan or something.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Remember that game was against Cardiff in the Auto Windscreens Wiper shield thingy or whatever it was called then.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here