Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My favourite national newspaper report of yesterdays game

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
' when you come here you learn, you have to beat palace.' Gus Poyet.

BANNER ANYONE!!!!!

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Exactly what I was thinking. Would be excellent!

My favourite part was this

Palace had no answer, and Zaha, signed by Manchester United in January for £15m and loaned back, spent the rest of the game firmly in the pocket of Wayne Bridge – a warning of the challenge he faces next season.

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Poland in The Times was less than glowing about Brighton. Described our tackling in the first half as "barely legal". Is he a palace fan?

Thought that was a bizarre comment - can't say I noticed any really dodgy challenges apart from the one on Buckley that led to our goal! Perhaps he was referring to the Ulloa/Murray incident...

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
I read a report somewhere in one of the paper's main website which said we were constantly fouling Zaha to bring him down, and he best hope a referee offers him so protection in the Premier League as people will be doing the same there.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I read a report somewhere in one of the paper's main website which said we were constantly fouling Zaha to bring him down, and he best hope a referee offers him so protection in the Premier League as people will be doing the same there.
"fouled and fouled again" was the quote from the Mail. Given the foul count was 15-13 in our favour I checked the BBC text commentary and indeed he was fouled 4 times. One less than Buckley. And one less than Bridcutt.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

They're trying to make it interesting for the Man U fans, I guess.

Poland in The Times was less than glowing about Brighton. Described our tackling in the first half as "barely legal". Is he a palace fan?

A challenge is either "legal" or not in the refs opinion - it cannot be barely legal -it is like saying driving at 40 mph in a 40 mph zone is barely legal - incompetent lazy journalism.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
love it

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
A challenge is either "legal" or not in the refs opinion - it cannot be barely legal -it is like saying driving at 40 mph in a 40 mph zone is barely legal - incompetent lazy journalism.

The expression "barely legal" is common English usage and we all know what it means. The writer introduced it as peg to show he'd done a bit of research about the last time this ref was in charge. It gave the wrong impression of the match so you're right - it was incompetent lazy journalism. But that's the Times these days I'm afraid - yesterday it told us that Lewis was close to Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here