Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dobbie... where have we gone wrong?

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
I think we all thought he was a great signing but what happened? He's gone to the Palarse and is a regular and doing really well...or so we hear.

He never got a run at it here... a bit like Spanish Dave who looked really ordinary until he had some games under his belt... and see what happened then.

Is Dobbie clashing with Gus, is he not happy with the club and the city?

He's probably coming back... can he cut it with us... I really hope so because his montage (YouTube?) of goals and play for other clubs was bloody good.

Perish the thought if we let go a potentially tasty player especially to the Nigels. Any thoughts chaps?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
deal done
fee agreed - would have been done already if it hadnt been for palace being his third club of the season
no way back

couldnt fit in to our style of play....... it happens

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Strange day to post this. We didn't seem to miss him yesterday.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I think we all thought he was a great signing but what happened? He's gone to the Palarse and is a regular and doing really well...or so we hear.

He never got a run at it here... a bit like Spanish Dave who looked really ordinary until he had some games under his belt... and see what happened then.

Is Dobbie clashing with Gus, is he not happy with the club and the city?

He's probably coming back... can he cut it with us... I really hope so because his montage (YouTube?) of goals and play for other clubs was bloody good.

Perish the thought if we let go a potentially tasty player especially to the Nigels. Any thoughts chaps?

I thought he was a dire signing from the start, smacked of no other options for Gus. We needed a target man ULLOA and instead we got Dobbie.

Dobbie, Dobbie who the **** is Dobbie.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Not true..nothings settled

It's settled. To compare Dobbie to Spanish Dave is ludicrous. Dobbie's attitude was wrong, and he didn't fit.

The only reason the deal had to wait until after the season is the 'Three clubs in one season rule'.

Do you really think that he'd be welcome back here? He's gone. Good riddance.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Highest earner, panic buy as we thought CMS was on the way.

Gone to Palace, and he hasn't done really well. Average at best.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

widely quoted in the press that the intention was a permanent deal but could not be completed because you can't play for three clubs on a permanent contract in one season. A deal was therefore agreed based on a fee to be paid in the summer. The loan deal is in 2 stages to avoid the restriction (93days?) which would otherwise prevent him being available to Palace for the play offs. In theory therefore he returns to us during this week's international break and goes back to palace next week when the loan is renewed. In practice of course he stays training with palace throughout and after all that he still cant play against us if we meet in the play-offs.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I thought he was a dire signing from the start, smacked of no other options for Gus. We needed a target man ULLOA and instead we got Dobbie.

THIS!

Some of us that had seen Dave before were really excited and said it was SIMILAR to the Vicente signing but that we might actually see him on the pitch regularly. I for one was extremely disappointed with his average start but had faith it was due to settling in and saw glimpses especially at right wing back. Now he's insane. Vicente was not a lightning winger now but a puller of the strings...... thought Dave was the same but seemd like Gus wanted to get him playing his old wing role from 5 years ago (possibly more to help him settle or enable others like Orlandi on the pitch together) but it didn't work. Now Dave's situation is :)

Dobbie I NEVER saw a GLIMPSE of and thought panic over-pay on the last day for a forward thinking player (not even a striker) who wasn't at all what we needed. Who do we off-load our unwanted, over-paid players to? The scummers up the road. I don't actually care if he's good for them, we REALLY needed his massive salery and lack of production for us off our books and they were the only ones interested he'd go to. Much rather we had Upson!

Yes we worry about what our biggest rivals do, but it's secondary to sorting our own stuff out!!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He's gone to the Palarse and is a regular and doing really well...or so we hear.

He is doing the same there as he was doing here. Excess baggage , at least we'll be getting our money back that was spent on the transfer fee and his wages.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No doubt a useful player, but from what I saw of him he wasn't a team player. Gus won't poke up with anyone who doesn't fit into his game plan. Kazenga being a good example too, looks good in a run out late in the game, gets a starting berth and doesn't play like Gus wants him to so gets dropped for a month or two before he gets another chance. Maybe he has learned and after yesterday certainly deserves a run. Whether he gets one depends on how much tinkering Gus wants to do against Forest. To me Dobbie looked like he didn't give a shit in most of the games I saw him, maybe it's just his style but I very much doubt that he'll be back.

Barnes, for all his critics does exactly what is asked of him and nearly always makes the squad. Play the Gus way or wave your first team chances goodbye. Dobbie never fitted in and contrary to popular NSC opinions, he was given opportunities. Of the games I saw he was rubbish at Derby and you wouldn't have know he was on the pitch at Charlton.

Last edited:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I believe he can't go anywhere until Tony Bloom gives him an old sock.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here