Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray stalling on new contract with Palace

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Another Murray thread but this rumour has been going round on twitter, and I know Palace opened up contract discussions with him a while ago. Deja vu? Think he does still have a year left though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Could see him somewhere like Norwich or Wigan.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What's the rush for Murray? He still has a year to go and is top scorer in the division. There will be no shortage of takers if he parts company with Palace. That said, I don't really give a monkeys because we've got Ulloa and Murray is history.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What's the rush for Murray? He still has a year to go and is top scorer in the division. There will be no shortage of takers if he parts company with Palace. That said, I don't really give a monkeys because we've got Ulloa and Murray is history.

Only six goals last season, never more than 25 before, what if this is a freak season? That is the rush for Murray. If he waits and has the same season next year he had last year, he won't get nearly as much.

EDIT: I may have miss read your post.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
15 months left.

He's running it down I reckon, with an eye on another signing on fee.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I expect his agent is already receiving phone calls or touting him around. He could get one more good pay off out of this before his playing days end.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It must be soul-destroying playing in front of small crowds at Selhurst every other week, and he must be feeling that his prolific streak deserves to be showcased on a bigger stage.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Come home Glenn.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Hope his family/friends enjoyed his performance from their box yesterday. :)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I would love it, and I do mean LOVE IT, if he returned to us.

Just to throw some dirt in the eye of Palace fans. We no longer require him though, we have Leonardo Ulloa. Murray was a special player for us, but that chapter is closed.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Another Murray thread but this rumour has been going round on twitter, and I know Palace opened up contract discussions with him a while ago. Deja vu? Think he does still have a year left though.

do I care
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

NO

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He'll be in the Premier League next season, with Palace or without.
Whoever offers the most $$$.

Very few strikers make the jump from good championship striker, too good prem striker. Zamora, Holt, Davies spring to mind but they are few and far between. Would be a big gamble for any prem club, signing Murray for big bucks.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
It'd not be big bucks though, relatively speaking. £2-3 million and say, 20 grand a week is not a lot in Premier League terms. The money some living stealers are on beggars belief.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here