Poyet to play in worst case scenario?

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham

Gus Poyet: Keen on more firepower
Sky Bet

Sky Bet are offering all new customers a £10 Free Bet
Claim your free bet now
Brighton boss Gus Poyet remains in the hunt for a striker on loan despite Leonardo Ulloa's fine form.

Argentinian Ulloa is leading the line for the Seagulls in the absence of the injured Craig Mackail-Smith and Will Hoskins and with Ashley Barnes serving a lengthy suspension.

His two goals in Sunday's 3-0 win over derby rivals Crystal Palace took his tally to eight in 11 matches.

But Poyet said: "I have to because it's a big risk. Imagine if we do well in the next three or four games and then something happens to Leo.

"Then I'd have to get changed into my number 45 shirt, and we cannot take that risk.

"Something will come up. Everyone is waiting until the last minute, but by a week on Thursday I will make sure we get the best player we can."

Ulloa has made a stunning impact since joining for £2million from Spanish side Almeria in January, and on Sunday outshone Palace's 30-goal former Brighton striker Glenn Murray.

"He is the kind of centre-forward we have missed for a year and a half since we lost Glenn," added Poyet. "We were looking everywhere but we couldn't find him. Can you imagine if we had had him since August?

"He has been different class. His football is perfect for England. I don't want to say too much because we might lose him. But if there is someone who deserves a two-week international break, it is him."

I sort of want to see Poyet playing in a weird sort of way.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I sort of want to see Poyet playing in a weird sort of way.

So do I, I think. Maybe if we are guaranteed the top six ahead of the last game, rest Ulloa and stick Gus on the bench

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Play off final at wembley, penalty shoot out against palace, gus to score the winner :thumbsup:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That would be as amazing as Tanno still playing last year. I'd LOVE it.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Anyone got a copy of the photo of him playing in the red and black stripes? Think he was tackling Tommy Fraser.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I think Charlie's bit in the program the other week said Gus had held his own against some of the youngsters in the squad in an intra-squad match. Would love seeing him make a little cameo, even if it's only on the bench or even in Charlie's testimonial match.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
With Vicente playing the part of Zola, I'd like to see this win a Wembley play off final against Palace

[YT]F_lkik83PMc[/YT]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here