Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Possible Kuszczak injury

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Don't want to terrify anyone unduly, but Tommy quite clearly pulled up towards the end of the game - looked like he put his back out when going for a ball. Signalled to the bench he was ok but looked in a fair bit of pain.

Any update?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Would hope it's nothing that two weeks out won't fix <crosses fingers>

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Would hope it's nothing that two weeks out won't fix <crosses fingers>

That's what I was thinking - back strain wouldn't take more than 2 weeks to recover from would it?

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Completely depends on what it is, if he has a prolapsed disc, he'll be out for months, if not more (I was unable to do sports for over 18months, although 6 of that was probably putting up with pain, waiting for NHS referalls, scans etc.).

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
That's what I was thinking - back strain wouldn't take more than 2 weeks to recover from would it?

It looked like he just jarred it when he landed on the ball. The sort of painful moment we've all done, usually by something completely innocuous like getting out of bed or turning to check your blind spot when driving.

Hopefully he'll be clicked back into place and resting up nicely.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Has to be a fake job.

Not even I could put my back out leaning against a post reading the Sunday papers.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He did a similar thing at home to Ipswich and I was worried then but he was fine for the next game so hopefully it will be the same again.

He's not actually played that much first team football throughout his career so maybe he feels a few aches and pains every now and again after a few games in quick succession?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Don't want to terrify anyone unduly, but Tommy quite clearly pulled up towards the end of the game - looked like he put his back out when going for a ball. Signalled to the bench he was ok but looked in a fair bit of pain.

Any update?

At the final whistle the physio went straight over to him and walked him off the pitch, Tom was limping and had a hand on the bottom of his back.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He went down to a routine shot near the post and just seemed to hold his back so couldn't understand what or how he did anything to his back but he obviously did by his signals to the bench because they got Ankergren up straight away until Gus signalled 1 minute to him and he acknowledged it. Has he pulled out of the Poland squad?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here