Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hammond, Upson and Bridge

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Which of these would you approach to sign at the end of the season (if any)?

Hammond's contract runs until 2015, whilst Upson and Bridge are out of contract at the end of the season.

I'd love to see Bridge back, although his wage demands may be too high. I haven't much of Upson, but his player ratings on here seem to suggest he's been decent most of the time so I'd be happy with him too. Hammond has redeemed himself, but in my mind is the least important of the three as we have an abundance of central midfielders. However, it seems he is surplus to requirements at Southampton, so his fee may be fairly low.

Thoughts?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'd take all 3 of them. Still think getting Bridge is highly unlikely though, and I wouldn't be that bothered if we couldn't get Hammond as I think we could do better.

Dec 29, 2011
Bridge >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Upson > Hammond

Finding a left back of Bridge's quality is very hard, if he'd accept a pay cut I love it, however I doubt he'd go below 20k/week.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Bridge is a must, we will not sign a better left back than him, between Bridcutt and Bridge for POTS for me.

I'd like to sign upson, but id rather the wages went on bridge, but he is exactly what we need.

Hammond if the price is right and we offload dicker and harley i wouldnt mind seeing hammond back again, however if we do make the step up, will he cut it?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Not fussed about Hammond, think we can sign someone better in the summer for that position.

Bridge & Upson 2 year deals please.

had this discussion last nite,would bridge demand mega wages,does he need that for motivation???,would love it if they signed deals and PiG

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
All 3m but not gutted if we missed out on Hammond, as hopefully Crofts is coming back now.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
To be brutally honest just Bridge. Re Hammond - his goal output has been disappointing and we already have Crofts, Dicker and JFC. Re. Upson - not the best passer and was surprisingly nervous yesterday.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Much of it depends on where we are as to whether we'll get them or whether we'd need them. Bridge is a must at either level, but his potential wage demands could easily be met elsewhere. We'd have to hope his feelings of joy whilst with us keep his agent's screams of MORE MORE MORE to a minimum.
Upson would be good enough, again if his wages weren't ludicrously high for a man bringing his career slowly to a close, if we stayed in this division for another year. EVen better if we picked up a young dutchman, for instance, who could learn alongside him.
Hammo i have liked. He is unspectacular most certainly, but he always puts an effort in and doesn't often look completely out of his depth. Wouldn't be a terrible signing, but wouldn't set the world alight and perhaps maybe an up-and-coming player or two in that position could do us well enough as an alternative.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Bridge and Upson for sure. Greer and Upson looked a great combination yesterday.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
To be brutally honest just Bridge. Re Hammond - his goal output has been disappointing and we already have Crofts, Dicker and JFC. Re. Upson - not the best passer and was surprisingly nervous yesterday.

Don't agree with Upson comments, misplaced a couple of passes yesterday (but then who didn't) he has been excellent.

Bridge & Upson for me. Would like to think we could pick up someone better than Hammond.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
obviously Bridge, but have to be realistic if he's willing take a cut to stay. Upson we really should make a big effort to keep, at 33 he isnt going to be getting massive offers from top clubs and should be persuaded to stick around as key defender here.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Don't agree with Upson comments, misplaced a couple of passes yesterday (but then who didn't) he has been excellent.

Bridge & Upson for me. Would like to think we could pick up someone better than Hammond.

Don't get me wrong, I think Upson has done a great job for us but I'd expect Gus to make centre-back his prime target over the summer. I see Virgil Van Dijk is still a regular with Groningen, who sit 12th out of 18 teams. Their defensive record's not bad, it's just they can't score goals, and he's got 3 Dutch U-21 caps.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Pretty sure Hammond said in an interview his contract is up this year?

Be happy if we can get all 3 plus Spanish Dave as he only signed a 1 year deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here