Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst team seen at AMEX this year

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
I think that Crystal Palace were probably the worst team I've seen at the Amex this year and apart from Zaha, produced nothing. Poor Matt Upson provided them with their best moment.

At least Burnley and Chelsea managed to score one goal!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Have you been to many of the games? There have been quite a few teams who were worse than Palace, added to the fact yesterday was one of our best performances of the season.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Don't forget we still may have to play them once or even twice this season lets not get to cocky until the end of the season

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Barnsley by a mile.

I know we beat Palace, but up until the half hour, they had threatened more than us and only took a fine save by Kusczak to ensure we were level.

Our third goal completely took the wind out of Palace's sails and so they probably looked worse than they actually were.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Probabably to know the premise of this thread is b*llocks you would have had to a) see all the other teams at the Amex, and b) see Palace recently in a match other than yesterday's.

Anyone in that position knows they had a big off-day in the one that matters most to their fans. Which I can relate to, since Brighton have done it a few times against them.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Barnsley by a country mile, then Sheff Weds by half a mile. Palace weren't that bad, it was the goal that made the difference, and to go in at half time having lost a second because of a stupid foul gave us a massive amount of confidence in the second half. You can see how badly they were reeling from the 2-0 score line from the disastrous defending on the 3rd :)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Barnsley were terrible, looked like a League 2 outfit that day.

Birmingham and Blackburn, two teams who deserved nothing but got something at the Amex were also dire.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Come on, we love a bit of Palace bashing, especially after a 3-0 trousering. But this is uncalled for, they really weren't all that bad and for the first 40 minutes it was a match. Ok, Upson came close to scoring for them and other than that Kuszczak was untroubled.

But don't forget the Parr miss at 0-0 which was a BIG left off...

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Of the games I've seen Barnsley stand out as a side that looked to be playing a couple of divisions too high

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here