Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leo to celebrate his double with the Special One [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Leo to celebrate his double with the Special One[/h]11:30am Monday 18th March 2013 in Albion By Brian Owen
2372708.jpg
David celebrates after his free-kick strike
LEO ULLOA will celebrate his derby double by rubbing shoulders with some of the world’s biggest stars.
The striker bounced back from the despair of seeing a penalty saved at Barnsley in midweek to lead the Seagulls’ memorable defeat of Crystal Palace.
He is in Madrid today along with Cristiano Ronaldo and Jose Mourinho, among others, to receive the Marca award as top goalscorer in the Spanish second tier last season.
Ulloa savoured derby success and said: “I’m as happy about the win as the goals.
“I was angry at Barnsley because the team would have brought back a point but we didn’t because I missed the penalty.
“But I got my head back up and started thinking positively about what was coming.”
Ulloa is producing the sort of goalgetting form which made him hot property with Almeria last season.
He added: “They will give me the prize as ‘pichichi’ in the second division and that is a really nice award to get.”
David was also on target but admitted he had to persuade Andrea Orlandi to let him take the free-kick which put Albion 2-0 up.
The midfielder said: “We both wanted to take it. Andrea is more left-footed but I saw it more clearly on my side and luckily it went in.
“Free-kicks are like that. You hit them perfectly or they don’t go in.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here