Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace bus

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Did anyone else think that the bus that Palace travelled down on looked like an MOT failure. Looked nothing like the swanky ones we usually see at the Amex for the away teams. :albion2::albion2:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Watching the subs warm up, the palace lads had filthy tired old bibs on........it sort of summed up the difference between us these days. Parish and his mates need to start putting a bit of cash into that club.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Was a tad rubbish

thCADNPFTH.jpg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I must admit, and not just because it was Palace but it did seem quite dated and not the usual (often the same) ones we see.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Did anyone else think that the bus that Palace travelled down on looked like an MOT failure. Looked nothing like the swanky ones we usually see at the Amex for the away teams. :albion2::albion2:

Noticed that too. Looked like a shoddy rail replacement effort. Wasn't going to mention it, but seeing as we're on the subject :lolol:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Watching the subs warm up, the palace lads had filthy tired old bibs on........it sort of summed up the difference between us these days. Parish and his mates need to start putting a bit of cash into that club.

Any truth in the rumour that their track suit bottoms were from the 'seconds bin' at Primark? Certainly looked like it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Any truth in the rumour that their track suit bottoms were from the 'seconds bin' at Primark? Certainly looked like it.
I felt quite sorry for them if truth be known. It wasn't much, only some ancient training gear, but it said a lot to me about the condition of our clubs. I understand about FFP, but surely a couple of quid on a bit of decent kit and a coach that doesn't look like one of our park and ride buses wouldn't break the bank.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I felt quite sorry for them if truth be known. It wasn't much, only some ancient training gear, but it said a lot to me about the condition of our clubs. I understand about FFP, but surely a couple of quid on a bit of decent kit and a coach that doesn't look like one of our park and ride buses wouldn't break the bank.

After all their piss taking since we lost The Goldstone I have no sympathy for them whatsoever. In fact, it was good to compare and see how far this club has come thanks to Tony Bloom and countless others. The fact that many at Shitehurst try and convince themselves that we are about to go bust makes their Street Urchin appearance all the more joyous.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
After all their piss taking since we lost The Goldstone I have no sympathy for them whatsoever. In fact, it was good to compare and see how far this club has come thanks to Tony Bloom and countless others. The fact that many at Shitehurst try and convince themselves that we are about to go bust makes their Street Urchin appearance all the more joyous.

All of this :)

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah I noticed this.

It really did look like something Arthur Daley would have flogged them. In 1983.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Come on, you win a game 3 - 0 against Palace and all youwant to talk about is the Palace coach. :wrong:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Free of any prejudices I may have against that club, I too saw the coach parked outside & wondered why they'd parked their supporters club bus there.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Come on, you win a game 3 - 0 against Palace and all youwant to talk about is the Palace coach. :wrong:

And your Primark track suits-don't forget them.

All part of the enjoyment and our thanks go to CPFC2010 for making the day perfect.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Oh gosh no. I'd also like to talk about

-the header from Ulloa that set Buckley free to cross into the box, whereby Ulloa ran forty yards to get on the end of it and score via his head and knee.

-the lovely pinpoint free kick that Spanish Dave blew Speroni away with

-the beautiful passing move that set up our third goal

-the thundering tackle by Greer that cleaned Zaha out completely

-the fact that Holloway took (IMHO) Palace's best player off at half time and replaced him with, amongst others, the anonymous Kevin Phillips

-the fact that Murray (always scores against us) and Phillips (always scores against us) didn't score against us

-the fact that Holloway (always beats us) didn't beat us

-Holloway moaning about the roof and the fact that his coat got wet :cry:

-Zaha's stampy little Tiny Tears tantrums

-singing "Glad Ulloa" to Palace fans on the train

-the moment when Parr ran all the way down the wing unchallenged, sliced the ball out of play and then fell over

-Parr otherwise being owned by our wingers

-Damien Delaney getting into an argument on Twitter with your own fans

-Holloway's tactical genius in switching Zaha from Calderon's side of the pitch (whom he seemed to have the beating of) to Bridge's side (where he disappeared entirely)

-Mother Nature further enhancing the day for us by producing a rainstorm of Noah's Ark proportions just as the away fans were leaving the ground

-oh, and the fact that the abysmal injustice of the officials awarding Palace a first half goal kick when the entire population of the Amex, including all twenty two players, your fans, our fans, the six year old match mascots, Gully, everybody sitting on both teams' benches and Wardy, the stadium cat, was waiting for an Albion corner, was rectified within moments by our first goal.

I can think of some more, if you like :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here