Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Souvenir' tickets

Would you be interested in a 'souvenir ticket' from key games?

• Yes - the ticket alone

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Yes - framed with programme cover and/or image(s) of the day

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • No interest at all

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Being a buffoon, I left my season tickets in Bristol this past weekend so I needed to get paper re-prints so that we could get in to see the demolition of Palace. As it turned out, this forgetfulness had a silver lining. It was my daughter's first Palace game, so we now have a lovely souvenir ticket of the occasion, complete with her name on, as is the case with tickets nowadays.

This made me think – I bet there are a lot of people who would like their own souvenir ticket of this game and probably others too. I’m sure I’m not alone in having tickets from Wembley ’83, the last game at the Goldstone, Hereford ’97, Cardiff ’04 etc etc. However, in this age of the smart card season ticket, we don’t normally have the opportunity to have a souvenir physical ticket from home games any more.

Would you be interested in having 'your ticket' for the Palace game, either by itself or maybe in a frame with, say, the programmer cover and a photo of the scoreboard and/or other iconic image of the day?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I'd like to have my sons ticket for him to keep as it was his first experience of an Albion v palace game

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It depends on whether you're part of the Digital revolution or not. Personally, I am happy with the smartcard as there is no clutter involved. I have a load of old match tickets and sure, you get the sentimental memories of the matches but at the end of the day it is just clutter and personally I am happy it's now smartcard only.

Although, I will always buy the matchday programmes. I love the feel of them and I wouldn't read them again if they were digital. Books and match programmes are the only things I want to collect physical versions of, everything else is digital and I'm happy enough with that.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I've got a paper one. If anyone wants to buy it and pretend they were there in the North Stand they're welcome to it.

Do I hear £5?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It depends on whether you're part of the Digital revolution or not. Personally, I am happy with the smartcard as there is no clutter involved. I have a load of old match tickets and sure, you get the sentimental memories of the matches but at the end of the day it is just clutter and personally I am happy it's now smartcard only.

Although, I will always buy the matchday programmes. I love the feel of them and I wouldn't read them again if they were digital. Books and match programmes are the only things I want to collect physical versions of, everything else is digital and I'm happy enough with that.

Conversely I always keep my paper match tickets (sometimes stapling them to The Argus match report) but rarely buy programmes because they are too bulky and I rarely re-read them (plus think they're overpriced).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not for me but I can certainly see the attraction. And given the technology already exists for 1901 supporters to print off a paper ticket it will be pretty simple for the club to set up a system whereby you can print your own souvenier ticket I would have thought?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Conversely I always keep my paper match tickets (sometimes stapling them to The Argus match report) but rarely buy programmes because they are too bulky and I rarely re-read them (plus think they're overpriced).

That's interesting, I think they're really good value for money. I was reading through some older editions the other week and came across a fresh faced Tommy Elphick talking about his dream of playing for the Albion first team! I think the modern programmes are packed full to the brim with stuff which will be a good read in 10 years time, and that is why I buy them. Not for today necessarily, but for tomorrow.

When my step-dad started taking me to Gillingham for the games there, he brought along a selection of classic programmes from the 80s to give a background on players in our past and what has happened in our history. That is how I got into the game, the bus ride on the Costa Express and a bit of reading as well. Times have changed, but I'd like my future son to have a similar route in supporting this football club.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I have all my important ticket stubs in a montage with the Wardy Amex Panorama in the middle of them all (In a frame) on my living room wall. (First ever game, first ever game against Palace, Cup Final Replay, Cardiff Play-Off Final, Last game at the Goldstone, Last game at the Withdean, etc., and other assorted Albion memoribilia.)

All part of my Albion supporting history, so I think if i had a fire I'd grab that first before anything else!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I reckon it would be a great idea to frame the ticket with a programme and get the latter signed by Gus, Charlie, Tanno & the match day squad and then auction it for REMF.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Sorry to disappoint everyone but due to EXTRAORDINARY public demand, my ticket is now GONE. You're too late. You've missed the boat. STOP PM'ING ME.

Hope this doesn't count as a 'ticket exchange'.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I'd like a replica of the first match (Donny) ticket. But I wouldn't pay that much, tbh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here