Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last game - Forest v Leicester

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Could this become another Southampton v Spurs stitch up?

I can see a situation where we're 3 points behind Forest with a better GD and 2 behind Leicester with a worse one - meaning if we win and either Forest or Leicester do too then we're in the playoffs. But if it's a draw.........

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Looking at Leicesters current form and run in, I don't think they'll be in with a shout come the last day

*hopes*

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
No. The 2 sets of supporters have a big mutual dislike of each other & I'm sure both sides will be doing everything they can to secure three points.

Edit: But the El Cloughico derby is obviously the biggest rivalry in the East Mids.

Last edited:

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I am hopeful that we can have the playoffs secured before the last day! my nerves could not take all the twists and turns!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
No. The 2 sets of supporters have a big mutual dislike of each other & I'm sure both sides will be doing everything they can to secure three points.

Edit: But the El Cloughico derby is obviously the biggest rivalry in the East Mids.

It is for Forest and Derby, but not for Leicester fans. They hate Forest, in a similar way to us and Palarse (3-0 haha!).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Could this become another Southampton v Spurs stitch up?

I can see a situation where we're 3 points behind Forest with a better GD and 2 behind Leicester with a worse one - meaning if we win and either Forest or Leicester do too then we're in the playoffs. But if it's a draw.........

Could happen, but far too much football to be played yet to think this is a likely outcome.

I'm going to wait a month before considering this as possible.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It is for Forest and Derby, but not for Leicester fans. They hate Forest, in a similar way to us and Palarse (3-0 haha!).

No one cares about Leicester. Forest and Derby treat them like West Ham treat Orient or Southampton treat Bournemouth. Coventry would be a natural rivalry but it is just a local game for both clubs really.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
No one cares about Leicester. Forest and Derby treat them like West Ham treat Orient or Southampton treat Bournemouth. Coventry would be a natural rivalry but it is just a local game for both clubs really.

You have obviously not been to a Leicester - Forest game.

As you say though, Coventry for some reason hate Villa, rather than Leicester, although the M69 derby is still a bit of needle, and it must be hard to kick-off against a team without a Crew?

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Leicester are pony at the moment. They're on a Middlesborough-like slump. Hopefully this will continue. I heard on the radio a few weeks back that Pearson has a bad relationship with some of his players. Wood was mentioned which would maybe explain his recent loss of form.

After our terrific win yesterday we need to do our job over the coming weeks. The rest should then fall into place(fingers crossed). Momentum is crucial at this stage of the season. We have the wind in our sails now. UTA

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

As you say though, Coventry for some reason hate Villa, rather than Leicester, although the M69 derby is still a bit of needle, and it must be hard to kick-off against a team without a Crew?

I don't need to go to a Leic Forest game to know Forest don't care. I lived in Nottingham for four years. It is mostly one way. Every year, Forest and Derby struggle to fill their allocation at Leicester and rarely come close to filling it at home. Derby v Leicester had 23,000 last week. Derby v Forest is always a sellout at both grounds.

That said, Leic v Forest on the last day will be a big game, but Forest will regard t as a big game anyway spiced up by the fact it is a local side they are playing. Leicester will consider it a massive derby game.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean

That is very ture, i had a flat mate once from cov and he HATED villa, i never got a definitive anwser as to why?

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
The fans may hate each other, but the players and managers will do whatever suits them best.

Well there's always a chance that what you state could happen, I guess, but personally I can't see Billy Davies putting a team out that isn't looking to win the game. I guess we'll have to just wait & see innit...

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
That is very ture, i had a flat mate once from cov and he HATED villa, i never got a definitive anwser as to why?

Biggest club in the Midlands & Villa used to go over en-masse to Cov & cause loads of trouble in & around the city centre. I knew somebody who used to run a pub in Central Coventry during the 80's & the violence when the two sides met there sounded horrendous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here