Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yesterday, at 20 minutes past 10

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I was sat on a plane at Heathrow Airport after flying home from New York, bricking it. I was already an hour delayed and my Dad was sat in the pickup zone revving his engine.

The only time in my entire bloody life I have ever been stopped by customs? Yesterday. Brilliant.

After my initial outburst to my girlfriend of "I ****ing told you!! I KNEW this would ****ing happen!!" (which I might add, is not the best thing to shout out in customs), I kindly explained to the man as he was rummaging through my underpants (in the suitcase) that I was in desperate need to get away because I had an extremely important reason. He asked what it was. I said, "look, Brighton are playing Palace and I HAVE to be there" He was a pretty young guy and understood by the look on my face how much it meant. Amazingly, he wrapped up his search as quick as he could and let me go. What a bloody nice bloke.

That done, my Dad drove (at Mach 2 or 3, I can't remember which) round the 25, down the 23, chucked my girlfriend out at Pyecombe where my dear Mother picked her up and into the car park at the Amex.

We missed ten minutes of the first half and saw every goal.

Absolutely ****ing delighted. Cheers Dad! :albion2:

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Well thats a novel way to possibly smuggle some gear through customs. Nice one may try it someday

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm going to be on a plane to New York during the Forest game in 2 weeks. I hope that I can get a decent 3G signal to check the results while we're waiting the usual hour or so to get through the passport control bit at JFK.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I'm going to be on a plane to New York during the Forest game in 2 weeks. I hope that I can get a decent 3G signal to check the results while we're waiting the usual hour or so to get through the passport control bit at JFK.

I flew into JFK and back from Newark. Surprisingly, after the amount of people who warned me about it, JFK customs was no problem at all. Got through including getting luggage in 30 minutes.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton

make that 2/3 hrs .downs sizing the number of staff on immigration due to the US cutbacks make sure you get off the plane sharpish !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
HBnB would be proud of this 'look at me I flew in from New York for the game.' post :lol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Absolute quality look-at-meing from the youngster.

Agree. I intend to keep the fact I flew in from Berlin especially for the game to myself; it's crass to show off in this manner.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Agree. I intend to keep the fact I flew in from Berlin especially for the game to myself; it's crass to show off in this manner.

Alright alright. It was a little HB&B esque I must admit. I just wanted to share yet more joy on a joyous day of joyfulness.

... I'm off to bounce my iPad thread......

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Phew that was close, I left my apartment in Monaco in plenty of time to get the learjet to Gatwick, but air traffic control delayed my take off time. Landed at LGW at 11 o clock only to find that the helicopter was grounded due to low cloud. Had to jump into my Dads Aston Martin and got there just as the game started.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
*Regardez Moi*
Flying Dubai to Las Vegas via London in April. Worked it so I have time to take in Charlton game delays notwithstanding - land at Heathrow 3.55pm, depart Gatwick 11am next morning.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I flew into JFK and back from Newark. Surprisingly, after the amount of people who warned me about it, JFK customs was no problem at all. Got through including getting luggage in 30 minutes.

I Had the same experience at JFK recently although did bolt it off the plane as I was flying alone, bundled my way past a few people who clearly thought I was a **** but I didnt fancy waiting for hours.

chunky44

Mar 29, 2010
Chailey
Phew that was close, I left my apartment in Monaco in plenty of time to get the learjet to Gatwick, but air traffic control delayed my take off time. Landed at LGW at 11 o clock only to find that the helicopter was grounded due to low cloud. Had to jump into my Dads Aston Martin and got there just as the game started.

Tres amusant!:clap::thumbsup::bowdown:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Reading it back. It is a bit wanky and I'm not sure what response I really expected. Apologies.

Truth is, I wanted to share it with NSC because most of my mates and colleagues just don't get how over the moon I was to even get to the match - let alone beat Palace 3-0. So I wanted to share it with some people who would get it.

Yeah I get how it sounds, I went to New York blah blah blah. But it's not. It's basically me, the whole day thinking I was going to miss the match, then at the last minute making it. Simple as that. Cool story bro.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I wouldn't worry about the flak, TCT. I thought it was quite an entertaining read, and well done to your Dad.

There have been far worse threads on NSC...

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Personally, I thought it was a load of pants.

But then I do work in Customs.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here