Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TK playetrofn the seasion

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Tomas Kuszczak is the reason we are in with a possibility of the play offs. With either of the others in goal we wouldnt be. Bridcutt has been brilliant but for me Tomas is the difference for us and as such should win the player of the season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bridge, Bridcutt or the PIG. I tend to choose Bridge but would have no complaints if any of those three won.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Our midfield has been a key ingredient with Bridcutt leading the way with his consistency. Where we have improved is getting goals from others in midfield namely Lopez & Orlandi who have worked out to be tremendous signings. You add Ulloa to that lineup and we have goal scoring threats all over the pitch now and with the service into the box I would expect Ulloa to score a goal every other game as a minimum between now and the end of the season.

Kuszcak has been superb this season but I would slot him in at number two ahead of Bridge but behind Bridcutt. If Lopez and Ulloa had been with us since August then you would have to put them in or around the top three.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Tomas Kuszczak is the reason we are in with a possibility of the play offs. With either of the others in goal we wouldnt be. Bridcutt has been brilliant but for me Tomas is the difference for us and as such should win the player of the season.

I agree and in fact was having the same conversation yesterday. I think the pole deserves the nod overall. I think Ulloa had he been here in August would have probably been in with a shout. But we've had several standout players this season at various times. Bridge and Bridders have been pretty consistent. Bruno was excellent at the beginning although has by his own admission struggled with the cold. Vicente has been class when fit and I think Orlandi and Dave have really grown into the team and showed their class on a consistent basis. The only disappointments really for me have been CMS and Buckley, the latter because we all know what he is capable of. Personally I think Orlandi has been the most underrated. For me he has been a crucial player attacking wise.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
For me it's between Kuszczak, Bridge, Bridcutt and Lopez, with Orlandi and Ulloa as outside contenders.

So far for me it would have to be Kuszczak. He is pretty much the reason we picked up so many points last month and has been so consistently good it's unreal. But Bridge and Bridcutt very close behind, plus if Ulloa keeps on scoring like he is then he could be in with a chance. All depends on these last games.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
If asked to vote right now I would go for Bridge, followed by Kuszczak, then Bridcutt.

Though even that seems unfair on Dave and Orlandi, and of course our enigmatic No.4.

Dec 29, 2011
Kuszczak has single handedly gained us most points this season, he absolutely HAS to win or he goes mad and he taunted our rivals when we scored, what's not to love?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No brainer - Spanish Dave for me.

At the start of the season many of us thought that our promotion aspirations were largely dependent upon how much gametime Vicente would get. Yet who now gives a **** about Vicente? Spanish Dave scores penalties, he scores free kicks, he takes good corners, he creates, he can play anywhere across the middle and at right-back if needs be.

Is there anything he CAN'T do?

I know he's got a joke name but I can see why Athletico Bilbao paid 6 million Euros for him in 2007.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

At the start of the season many of us thought that our promotion aspirations were largely dependent upon how much gametime Vicente would get. Yet who now gives a **** about Vicente? Spanish Dave scores penalties, he scores free kicks, he takes good corners, he creates, he can play anywhere across the middle and at right-back if needs be.

I know he's got a joke name but I can see why Athletico Bilbao paid 6 million Euros for him in 2007.

Agreed. Shaky start but now he really is a different class.

It's very difficult to decide between Spanish Dave, Bridders and kuszczak.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Lopez has to be up there really.

Probably the first persons contract to sort ?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

He gets my vote.

In defence of Bridcutt, I expect his consistency now, and he has been solid and superb. But for giving our team a special bit of joie de vivre, I don't think you can look past Dave. Brilliant player, gives his all every game. Fantastic signing, hope we can keep him for a while to come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here