Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plus and minuses from yesterday

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I was lucky enough to be a guest of Nsure in their box so watched the game from the West rather than our usual seats on the East.
First up our visitors, the majority of them more akin to the Jeremy Kyle show,but what must have really grated them was not only the fact they they got nowhere near filling their ground when we played up there, but even better than that they must have looked at what we've ended up with after all of our troubles and realise that they will never have what we've got.
The other that really made me feel good was seeing all the familiar faces from the old days dotted around the West Stand, people that lived through all the crap at the Goldstone/Gillingham/Withdean. Im fully aware that to fill and ultimately finance a stadium like ours there has to be a new generation and group of supporters but like I said I was pleased to see so many old Albion faces enjoying the win.
The only down side was the stewarding, people sat in front of our box obviously very excited by the atmosphere and the game itself were on occasions standing up, but not blocking anyone's view, yet stewards persisted in coming up and ordering them to sit down, why? Like I said they were not blocking anyone, I looked across at the away end and they stood throughout with no evidence of being ordered to sit down.
Having said that it didn't quite spoil a memorable day, Dec 26th 1988 was a long time ago......

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Nsure box eh?

You corporate whore :whistle:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Not at all, Tony Cohen and Nsure have been season ticket holders at all 4 of the Albions recent grounds and the clubs insurers for over a decade, they had two spares yesterday due to Sunday football so we gave our tickets away and moved stands for one game.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
So you blame the stewards for doing what they are paid to do?

Read the post and I think you'll find it mentions that the stewards are not doing their job in some sections of the ground and going over the top in others.
It is a pain in the arse when stewards are jobs worths and don't use their common sense during a tense local derby

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Not at all, Tony Cohen and Nsure have been season ticket holders at all 4 of the Albions recent grounds and the clubs insurers for over a decade, they had two spares yesterday due to Sunday football so we gave our tickets away and moved stands for one game.

Buddy i was just having a jest - I thought the whistle smilie might of said as much! :thumbsup:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Read the post and I think you'll find it mentions that the stewards are not doing their job in some sections of the ground and going over the top in others.
It is a pain in the arse when stewards are jobs worths and don't use their common sense during a tense local derby

This is how i read it too.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
To be fair to the stewards in the North there was no attempt to make us sit down. They must have been instructed or just knew that it was Palace and therefore it is our right and privilege to sing our hearts out and get behind the team.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Plus for me

I think the police, stewards and the club got their tactic's bang on this year.

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
To be fair to the stewards in the North there was no attempt to make us sit down. They must have been instructed or just knew that it was Palace and therefore it is our right and privilege to sing our hearts out and get behind the team.

Was surprised at this, I stood the entire game. Stewards didn't even try once to make us sit in the north, as you said.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
If we needed a 12th man, then letting the North get up for this one was a good idea.
They have to be exemplary elsewhere...somewhere - ffs give our crew a break they do a great job.
See the cointhrowing by WHam fans??
Crap stewarding there imo - quality at ours. Time to stop niggling at our lot, they do alright.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Everything about yesterday was a plus, everything.

Except, perhaps the injury to Kuszczak - although hopefully, that isn't too bad.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No I just felt with the occasion and the atmosphere their attitude was a bit over zealous.

Barber was blathering on about standing in his programme notes again. The club really have made a rod for their own backs with this back 4 rows standing thing.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'd like to know what Kuszczak did after we scored the third goal, can't help thinking perhaps he had a cheeky celebration in front of the Palace fans, as when I looked across, you could see a few small objects were being lobbed at him. He was also making the linesman and stewards aware of stuff being chucked. Presumably coins, but I did see something white land in the box too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here