Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Opening the stadium after the game

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I enjoyed this, sitting in the East Stand with a beer watching the highlights on the big screen, perhaps they should do it more often. I appreciate they have to clean everything up and let the staff get away but perhaps they could leave the North Stand seats open after every game at least until the highlights have finished, makes a great end to the day.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Same here, it was brilliant. I enjoyed the fact that I could see the post match interviews, have a bit of a wander, and there was a lot more space and a lot less hassle. Plus got to meet Bridders (and his little girl) and Casper, which was nice!!!!! I thought the stewarding after the game (especially around the pitch) was faultless. I spoke with the Security Manager on the way out, and told him what a great idea it was and that they should do it again, and he agreed it seemed to go very well. I'd love to see it happen more.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Tell you what I enjoyed more; I went out to my seat at 10am - not a soul was around. I just soaked it up and took in the silence. The calm before the storm. Was quite surreal.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Decamped to the South West corner for a beer on the terrace.

Nice view.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Agree with comments so far, brilliant idea and well played to the club to help reduce numbers leaving the stadium, had a couple of very nice pints whilst watching the match highlights and cheering each goal all over again! The club def seem to have learned from last season.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Stayed behind for half hour when usually if I bother to stay behind it's only 10-15 mins. Good work from the club and please do again for daytime matches :thumbsup:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Don't they usually stay open well after the game. I normally hang around for 45 mins watching highlights and having a couple of beers.

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
When the stadium opened, I thought they did I every game or at least they said they were doing this.

I recall the marketing, about joining your mates in other bars or stands afterwards.

After every game you can go to any concourse even the away concourse to buy a drink but after today's game they opened up the stands as well so u could watch the highlights from a comfy seat,

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I don't hang around after the game - I'd be more inclined to if the stands were open

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It really was lovely having a beer and chatting to friends whilst standing in the north stand. Great to see Liam too. Sensible and welcome decision making by the powers that be. Would certainly be lovely to do that again on a sunny Saturday evening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here