Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barker?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Just to clarify, this isn't a moan, but was anyone else surprised we didn't give him 10 or 15 minutes at the end? Would have been good to give him a bit more game time although I suppose Leo was on for the hat trick.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Thought he might get 5 minutes, but with the international break there wasn't much worry about tiring players. Too big of a game as well, too easy to make a silly mistake.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think a 15 minute cameo from Vicente could have really put them to the sword today but not to worry it was an amazing day as I genuinely feared the very worst for today.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I think a 15 minute cameo from Vicente could have really put them to the sword today but not to worry it was an amazing day as I genuinely feared the very worst for today.

100% agree.

As for the loan market, no idea, hope we can get someone in just in case the worst happens and Leo picks up a knock.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If Ulloa had got his third I reckon he would have been subbed off in stoppage time to get his ovation

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As for the loan market, no idea, hope we can get someone in just in case the worst happens and Leo picks up a knock.

We are well and truly stuffed if Ulloa gets injured, the season will end in my view

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
100% agree.

On the subject of the loan market, I see Mr Odemwingie has had another attempt to never play for WBA again. Would cost the earth but would be a good addition to the squad. (wouldn't want him next season though)

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
On the subject of the loan market, I see Mr Odemwingie has had another attempt to never play for WBA again. Would cost the earth but would be a good addition to the squad. (wouldn't want him next season though)

Thought exactly the same. Burnt his bridges at WBA it seems, although perhaps we don't want someone with that attitude at the club, no matter how good he is.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011

Agree, but Gus was banging on about the wage demands of the lending clubs are too high. Can't see WBA who are not a rich club, giving us a massive subsidy.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I saw a bit of George Barker when he was on loan at Barnet a few months ago and he seemed to have a bit of an attitude problem. Saw some potential though and he's come a long way in the last few months after setting up the equaliser at Barnsley. His time will come at some point in the remainder of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here