Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet: A Day to Remember - From the Official Site

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Poyet: A Day to Remember

Particularly love this quote:

“Aside from the day that we went up, which was unique, today is the best day by far.

Because of the way I am I have become a real fan of this football club. As soon as I came here I knew that we needed to beat Palace and this is my first victory against them, so I’m going to enjoy it."

I couldn't love this man any more right now.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Thanks. Says a great deal about the man - and also about Spanish len, or Argentinian Jose, or whatever. Feel very pleased for them both today, as well as fairly happy myself!

EDIT - and very pleased for everybody else connected with the club.....

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Ulloa's going back to Spain to collect his prize for being top scorer in Liga Aldente last season.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Gus. :bowdown:

And when he does finally move on to a bigger team, we've got a ready made apprentice in Inigo :)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The most interesting bit of that interview was about starting with two wingers and having a plan. I wonder that was specifically for Palace or will now be our default line-up.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
I can't help feeling that the most significant difference today was that for Gus the penny has now dropped, whereas Ollie doesn't yet get the rivalry.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
The other thing he said on the radio was

Bridge is a free agent in the summer, I guess I had better sit down with him and see if we can get him to stay ( or words to this effect)

Get him in he is quality.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I can't help feeling that the most significant difference today was that for Gus the penny has now dropped, whereas Ollie doesn't yet get the rivalry.

Agreed , the relevance of the game didn't sink in with Wurzel. Gus told the Spanish Armada it was "El Clasico" and that was all the motivation they needed.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Let's hope he's not off then. Mentioned him being linked to Reading a few minutes ago on 5 Live. Didn't quite catch it, possibly something about him refusing to deny the link ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here