Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nearly got 3 points..........

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Well I would have if I had not slowed down a bit sharpish on joining the 23, as there was a traffic police car sitting back just out of sight.

Anyway, well done today. Totally surprised me and also threw egg in my face. What can I say but thats what I get for about the only time I have been confident of a Palace win. Seriously you played well and we were not expecting that.

All those that say that Lualua should start though seemed like they were proved right, why Gus does not have you set up like that every game is beyond me but then again that is why he is your manager and not me.

Again well played, no excuses, you deserved it today. Anyway I was to excited last night so the GF and the kids are off to harvester and im off to bed :sick:

P.s I blame [MENTION=11666]London Pompous[/MENTION] for his rousing thread yesterday :)

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
That was unexpected. Both your comments and the way we played. Cheers

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Fair play for not going into hiding. Like you say about Lua Lua, starting with that formation with 2 wingers was a bold move by Gus but it really worked

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I can't argue with any of that fella. People on here have banged on and on and on about Gus playing two wingers at home and he has never done it...... Until now. Just be thankful he hasn't because I honestly believe we'd be above in the table if he had. Palace will play a lot worse than that win that's for sure.

TerryT

Jun 14, 2011
Well I would have if I had not slowed down a bit sharpish on joining the 23, as there was a traffic police car sitting back just out of sight.

Anyway, well done today. Totally surprised me and also threw egg in my face. What can I say but thats what I get for about the only time I have been confident of a Palace win. Seriously you played well and we were not expecting that.

All those that say that Lualua should start though seemed like they were proved right, why Gus does not have you set up like that every game is beyond me but then again that is why he is your manager and not me.

Again well played, no excuses, you deserved it today. Anyway I was to excited last night so the GF and the kids are off to harvester and im off to bed :sick:

P.s I blame [MENTION=11666]London Pompous[/MENTION] for his rousing thread yesterday :)

Fair play mate

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Still cannot sleep, dropped off for about half an hour. Woke up and realised it was Not just a bad dream

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Still cannot sleep, dropped off for about half an hour. Woke up and realised it was Not just a bad dream

Strange I nodded off and woke up and it was still a very good dream.

I actually think Zaha will become a very good player and several times got the treatment for us, just needs to learn to release the ball earlier.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
A chap at work is a Leeds fan, he goes to most games and was at Selhurst in the week. He thought Palace would beat us, but said if we played two wingers we could win. So, Buckley, Lua Lua, Orlandi and David was a good move.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

completely agree

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Strange I nodded off and woke up and it was still a very good dream.

I actually think Zaha will become a very good player and several times got the treatment for us, just needs to learn to release the ball earlier.

To be fair and its not an excuse either, you beat us fair and square but that was not the normal Zaha today. I'm not sure what happened to any of them really, still perplexed to be honest and have to wait two fecking weeks to expel the demons

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
To be fair and its not an excuse either, you beat us fair and square but that was not the normal Zaha today. I'm not sure what happened to any of them really, still perplexed to be honest and have to wait two fecking weeks to expel the demons

Played exactly like that in December.....loads of step-overs, no end product and almost fell over at one point in the first half doing one.

But nonetheless, fair summary. At least you're nothing like Holmesdale online's standard poster.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

Thank you for an honest opinion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Respect for posting that, an Albion win at last can only increase the rivalry further, this is a good thing imo. I love the atmosphere of games vs Palace. Some of the Palace fans who didn't see us as true rivals might be pissed off enough with that result to dislike us a little more than they did early today:thumbsup:

We need you to see us as your Number one rivals again, forget Charlton and Millwall now please :smile:

Respect for posting that, an Albion win at last can only increase the rivalry further, this is a good thing imo. I love the atmosphere of games vs Palace. Some of the Palace fans who didn't see us as true rivals might be pissed off enough with that result to dislike us a little more than they did early today:thumbsup:

We need you to see us as your Number one rivals again, forget Charlton and Millwall now please :smile:

Icy not many Palace fans have Brighton as the number 2 or 3rd hated rivals mate, I for one am pig sick and feel deflated but we'll hopefully dust down and bounce back and still push for 2nd?

Well done for the way Bha played today, at least it's restored faith in the Gus bus after all the doom and gloom after Barnsley
We'll be still in the record books for being the 1st team to win a league game at the Amex:cool:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Fair play for the original post.

Re Zaha - my biggest worry if I were Palace is how "up for it" he'll be from now on. Contrast his performance with that of Lua Lua who was tracking back and throwing himself into tackles. He's already guaranteed to play in the Prem and even if he played his bollocks off now it would count for nothing personally once he joins up with Man Utd.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Fair play.

IF, and it's a big If, you go up, you will need a lot of new players, and to spend an awful lot of money to stay up.

I wonder how far the Zaha money will go?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Fair play to ya. Now you know how we usually feel. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here