Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace "boys" meeting in polegate

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Ha ha not even in seaford or lewes this time but polegate for pre match beers ... so take extra care of your children or pets and are travelling from that way

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Was told by the new landlord of the Dinkum 3 weeks ago that the same palace chaps that were in there last season had phoned and asked if he could open early for them , I pointed out that they weren't actually a family group and as polegate station catered for a lot of family fans on match day it probably wasnt a great idea . His attitude was that he couldn't turn down the pay day if they turned up ! So make your own minds up if you wish to fill the pub's coffers in the future........

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Was told by the new landlord of the Dinkum 3 weeks ago that the same palace chaps that were in there last season had phoned and asked if he could open early for them , I pointed out that they weren't actually a family group and as polegate station catered for a lot of family fans on match day it probably wasnt a great idea . His attitude was that he couldn't turn down the pay day if they turned up ! So make your own minds up if you wish to fill the pub's coffers in the future........

Bet quite a bit of that will be happening tomorrow all over the place and not just for Palace.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Is the landlord a seagull?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Is the landlord a seagull?

take there money and have plies of peanuts ready,take the fuses out of the hand dryers and don't replace the loo rolls,oh and take a leak in the barrels.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Why shouldn't he try and make as much cash as he can? If there is demand and he can do so legally, then so he should. Morality is less important than sustaining his business.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Why shouldn't he try and make as much cash as he can? If there is demand and he can do so legally, then so he should. Morality is less important than sustaining his business.

Agree since he's a neutral........ but if he was one of the good guys tho I'm not sure he could be forgiven for stooping that low!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
So because some Palace fans will be having a drink in Polegate before a match, its their "boys" and they will cause trouble ?

Jesus wept, if they want trouble they almost certainly wouldnt start it in quiet Polegate.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
So because some Palace fans will be having a drink in Polegate before a match, its their "boys" and they will cause trouble ?

Jesus wept, if they want trouble they almost certainly wouldnt start it in quiet Polegate.

Exactly, just got a message on facebook from a Brighton fan telling me he has seen quite a few Palace fans out in Brighton tonight. Let's hope it doesn't kick off but nothing would surprise me on West Street.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Exactly, just got a message on facebook from a Brighton fan telling me he has seen quite a few Palace fans out in Brighton tonight. Let's hope it doesn't kick off but nothing would surprise me on West Street.

Palace have been given the West Street area if i am correct in thinking.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex

It is their "boys" as it goes..(Fact). But no one said they were gonna cause trouble

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

What a little busybody you are. Have you thought of becoming a mod? A few away fans want a drink in a pub miles away from Brighton and you want to ruin his business? Scaremongering idiot.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here