Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

tech question...

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
Does anyone have any idea about roughly how many MB it takes to listen to a games worth of commentary on player??

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
average radio broadcast is probably about 64 kbps which is (64/8)*60*45/1024 = 21 megabytes per half... the player might be at 128, can't see it being higher than that so I'd say a likely max of 100 MB per game if you listen to the half time rubbish too

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
average radio broadcast is probably about 64 kbps which is (64/8)*60*45/1024 = 21 megabytes per half... the player might be at 128, can't see it being higher than that so I'd say a likely max of 100 MB per game if you listen to the half time rubbish too

:lol:

I must have a very inefficient codec!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
For streaming audio, it's roughly 1MB per minute. So you're looking at 105-120MB for a full game.
I know the player has the 'New Player' & 'Old Player' options and I imagine selecting the older one will use less MB.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This may seem simple and silly to some people but remember it is me asking. I am away camping but want to listen to the radio on line but laptop cuts off after 10 mns if no activity How do I increase this time

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
This may seem simple and silly to some people but remember it is me asking. I am away camping but want to listen to the radio on line but laptop cuts off after 10 mns if no activity How do I increase this time

As you've not said which operating system I can only give you generic guidance. You need to go to Control Panel and find the icon for controlling the power options ( actually called Power Options in Windows 7 ). This will allow you to change the times for various components shutting down. I'm assuming you'll be on battery rather than mains so just up all the settings for the battery options to the max. Beware though, your battery will drain faster !!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
me again sorry. Trying to open pdf files have installed Adobe reader but keeps opening windows media centre I use windows 7 and google chrome. Any advice please

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here