Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Orlandi: Play With Hearts and Minds

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Andrea Orlandi has called on the Albion squad to give everything against rivals Crystal Palace.The cultured midfielder, who has experienced numerous derbies in the past, told seagulls.co.uk, “These are exciting games and I always love playing at the Amex in front of our fans.
“I scored once against Cardiff when I was at Swansea and that was a big game, everyone in the city asks you to beat them, so you know what it means to everyone.
“They are different games, you have to play with your mind and also your heart, and try and give that little bit more if you can.
“I don’t have good memories of the last game, as not only did we lose, [Lewis] Dunk got sent off and I broke my rib, so I will be trying my best to turn that around this time.
“The manager spoke to us before the last game and explained what the game means for the fans and the club. When we arrived at the stadium we felt the atmosphere and our fans were fantastic. Their support is important and we will need them behind us."
However the former Barcelona man insists the three points are key after a tough trio of games on the road.
“First of all it is important to get a result as the games away from home didn’t go well, one point from three games isn’t good enough for the play-offs so we need to bounce back.
“Then because of the rivalry it will be even better, if we win then it is great for the fans and club and it will give us all extra confidence going into the run-in.
“They are very dangerous and have great forward players, and of course Murray is in the form of his life. But they give you the chance to play so if we manage to control the game from the start and play our football then we know what we can do.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here