Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Calderon's Derby Wish

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Full-back Inigo Calderon says he would love to see a friendlier, Spanish-style derby day atmosphere for English football.Albion’s 2012 Community Player of the Year has urged all supporters to enjoy their football and wants to see a more welcoming mentality around the grounds like those he has experienced in Spain.
“I played a few derbies when at Alaves, probably the most important one was against Real Sociedad, as they were fighting to go up and we were battling against relegation.
“They are different to derbies over here although there are similarities, however the main differences are before, during and after the game as it’s a bit better.
“The fans can stay with each other, they can go into town and have a few drinks and some food together. They can go to the stadium together and leave the stadium together, so I feel it is better like that.
“I would like it to be a party of football because at the end of the day it’s a game.* Of course I want to win and if it is possible 5-0 - but that is on the pitch, I don’t like seeing problems off of it.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here