Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Inigo Calderon

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Listening to him on today's Albion Roar, was really impressed with his infectious enthusiasm,
Really interesting listening to him relate his experience in breaking trying to break into English football
Clearly he loves the Albion, and is a great ambassador for Albion in the community

The fact the that he has a desire to play up front, which might actually happen at some point, and he doesn't really see himself as a fullback......and does also harbour a secret desire to be in goal should we lose our keeper, and has imagined himself the hero in saving a last minute penalty

I think Calde will be around our club for some years to come, in one capacity or another, we are lucky to have him

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Wasn't that long ago people on here were wishing death upon him (or close to it), when he was about to go to Southampton.

How times change!

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
He will deffo be on the staff when he retires from playing

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Could do worse than stick him up front - he seems to have a pretty good eye for goal. Must admit, though, depending on what other options we might have, that I've often thought a Calde / Bruno partnership down the right side could be pretty formidable.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't believe (but clearly I can) he fantasies about being 1-0 and keeper sent off in the 90th, just so he can go in goal and save the penalty.

Just when you think he can't possibly get anymore legendary.

With Calde as our manager I will be a mess, and fighting every bad word typed about him.

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I can't believe (but clearly I can) he fantasies about being 1-0 and keeper sent off in the 90th, just so he can go in goal and save the penalty.

Just when you think he can't possibly get anymore legendary.

With Calde as our manager I will be a mess, and fighting every bad word typed about him.

It is going to be a seriously unpleasant experience for you, on here. I might start a "Calderon Out" thread after the first game we don't WIN under his gaffership. Just to cause a meltdown.

I will thoroughly enjoy Calde's reign as manager, enthusiastic players aplenty.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It is going to be a seriously unpleasant experience for you, on here. I might start a "Calderon Out" thread after the first game we don't WIN under his gaffership. Just to cause a meltdown.

I will thoroughly enjoy Calde's reign as manager, enthusiastic players aplenty.
Bring it on.

I'll still come out fighting, Holy Grail Knights stylee, when he somehow manages to get us relegated to the Lancashire Amateur League, division 7.

Lancashire Amateur League - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
I don't think the Southampton episode was mentioned.

Top fella though!

We made a point of not mentioning it. I'd had completely forgotten about it until I was doing my research for the show and didn't see the point in reminding other people as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here