Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We Hate Palace

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
This gets chanted a lot from the Albion fans, but do many of them actually have a good reason for hating them?

My dislike for them (I wont use hate, too strong a word) goes way back and is mainly to do with their fans and their attitude, to what was to me, one of the most horrendous tackles witnessed on a Brighton player.

That was the tackle by Henry Hughton on Gerry Ryan that ended his career. Many Palace fans still refer to Hughton as a hero and still laugh at the fact he ended a Brighton Players career.

I just wonder how their fans would react if a Brighton player ended the career of the likes of Williams, Zaha or Bolasie tomorrow?

Last edited:

HASSOCKS-BHA

Jun 11, 2012
I too was there and remember the attitude of their fans and the heroic ovation they gave Hughton as he walked off leaving Gerry Ryan realing in pain on the pitch. Scum, always were, always will be...!!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This gets chanted a lot from the Albion fans, but do many of them actually have a good reason for hating them?

My dislike for them (I wont use hate, too strong a word) goes way back and is mainly to do with their fans and their attitude, to what was to me, one of the most horrendous tackles witnessed on a Brighton player.

That was the tackle by Henry Hughton on Gerry Ryan that ended his career. Many Palace fans still refer to Hughton as a hero and still laugh at the fact he ended a Brighton Players career.

I just wonder how their fans would react if a Brighton player ended the carer of the likes of Williams, Zaha or Bolasie tomorrow?

Judging by how they've vilified Alan Lee, it's safe to say they wouldn't exactly be happy.

Massive double standards :lolol:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I too was there and remember the attitude of their fans and the heroic ovation they gave Hughton as he walked off leaving Gerry Ryan realing in pain on the pitch. Scum, always were, always will be...!!!

It wasn't that the fans did not know how bad Ryan's injury was, the crack as his leg broke was heard all around the ground, It was horrible.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
:ffsparr:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Gerry Ryan doesn't feel any animosity towards hughton though. Just because some of their "fans" thought it was great doesn't mean they are all pricks.

Their stupid jester suit strip, their shithole ground and their clownish chairman does, however, rather mark them out as sad...not worthy of hate, just pity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here