Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC HD quality picture v ITV HD quality picture

Leas

Dec 3, 2011
I have a brand new samsung led tv and using virgin tivo box , but it seems that itv hd has a much more quality and sharper picture than bbc hd ? has anyone else noticed this or maybe its a virgin media fault ? any help would be appreciated ! :thumbsup:

harriri2000

Apr 7, 2011
I have a virgin tivo box I can't really say I've seen a difference however on normal tv ITV is bloody shocking

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
it will differ from show to show, as not all shows will be recorded with a 1080p camera and a lot of stuff is just "up scaled" to a higher resolution resulting in it NOT being "true" HD. i guess the best thing to judge would be live sports and i cant say i have seen much difference and i am using the tivo box too.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Not sure if the Tivo box shows which programmes are true HD. (Sky box does) As previous poster said the level of definition does vary from programme to programme. BTW in a couple of weeks the BBC HD channel will Become BBC 2 HD showing only the BBC 2 schedule.Again not all programmes will be true HD.

Leas

Dec 3, 2011
the oldman : what meaning only bbc 2 shows will be hd in future ie anything on bbc1 say " eastenders " wont be hd anymore ?

hendrax : its the sports that i find is a massive difference bbc 1 hd match of the day seems grainy and soft to me not very sharp at all ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I have a brand new samsung led tv and using virgin tivo box , but it seems that itv hd has a much more quality and sharper picture than bbc hd ? has anyone else noticed this or maybe its a virgin media fault ? any help would be appreciated ! :thumbsup:

Oooooh which model did u go for? Bought a Samsung myself this week

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
the oldman : what meaning only bbc 2 shows will be hd in future ie anything on bbc1 say " eastenders " wont be hd anymore ?

hendrax : its the sports that i find is a massive difference bbc 1 hd match of the day seems grainy and soft to me not very sharp at all ?

No BBC 1 HD remains as now. BBC 2 HD replaces the BBC HD channel which currently shows programmes from any BBC channel.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Which picture mode are you using on the Samsung ? Some programmes are upscaled but don't match the picture quality of a programme originated in HD. BBC also has platform neutrality which basically means the picture quality has to be the same on Sky , Freesat , VM and Freeview , the weak link is Freeview.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

How.could anybody ever notice - no-one actually watches ITV do they ? They've had nothing worth watching since 1973, absolute garbage.

Leas

Dec 3, 2011
Which picture mode are you using on the Samsung ? Some programmes are upscaled but don't match the picture quality of a programme originated in HD. BBC also has platform neutrality which basically means the picture quality has to be the same on Sky , Freesat , VM and Freeview , the weak link is Freeview.

when you say picture mode do you mean dynamic , movie etc ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here