Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

not poyets fault losing murray!

TheFatBallBoy

Jan 10, 2010
Hove
Apparently the wages money and the transfer money were in two separate jars:facepalm: so if murray scores its not poyets fault:blush:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I guess the thinking for having 2 pots is that

1) Money from the wages pot is gone forever.

2) Money from the transfer pot may well be clawed back by selling the player on later.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
It is Poyets fault. Murray wanted to stay but Poyet didn't think he was worth the wage he was asking. Biggest **** up in his career and i fear it will cost us.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
It is Poyets fault. Murray wanted to stay but Poyet didn't think he was worth the wage he was asking. Biggest **** up in his career and i fear it will cost us.
It already has.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Well Murray was the Judas who decided to take the Palace silver.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well Murray was the Judas who decided to take the Palace silver.

If you were a professional footballer with a relatively short career span you would go to the highest paid club regardless, hardly a Judas.

The fact is it was a major cock up by Poyet as we are probably paying CMS as much or more plus the vast transfer fee to do very little.

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
If you were a professional footballer with a relatively short career span you would go to the highest paid club regardless, hardly a Judas.

The fact is it was a major cock up by Poyet as we are probably paying CMS as much or more plus the vast transfer fee to do very little.

Have you read the article?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Only if money is your main motivation for playing.

I don't know about you, but I don't work for fun. Murray is from Carlisle and would have had no affinity to either us or Palace. Of course he's going to take the best pay package for what will be his last 3-4 year of a short career.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
And so would you have.

If our club showed no interest in keeping him, then why would he want to stay? He got offered far more at palace.....

You have no idea about my circumstances, my outlook or what I would do.

Murray had a choice, he made it, and good luck to him, but the price is his reputation of being more interested in taking the palace coin than of being part of the albion.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Most of us would have done the same deal if we were Poyet. We would have offered Murray a pay rise to stay and then gone after the hottest goalscorer available, nobody could have foreseen Murray turning us down or CMS being so ineffective as a lone striker

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You have no idea about my circumstances, my outlook or what I would do.

Murray had a choice, he made it, and good luck to him, but the price is his reputation of being more interested in taking the palace coin than of being part of the albion.

The only reputation Murray has is one of a top class Championship striker.

I can't imagine he's too upset about that.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I was just thinking to myself I wonder why we let Murray go to Palace and there seems to have been so little interest on here thank god someone brought it up.

Let it drop it is in the past.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here