Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Soccer AM

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Anyone else think this show is past it's sell by date
Never the same after Tim Lovejoy left. What do you think?

:yawn:

Feb 14, 2010

I always found it a show that presents thick and childish as trendy. Never liked it but I'm old and grumpy, maybe you are getting old and starting to get grumpy too..

Chinster

Aug 7, 2011
A few amusing bits but i have to agree its not what it was. The format is getting a little tired.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I always found it a show that presents thick and childish as trendy. Never liked it but I'm old and grumpy, maybe you are getting old and starting to get grumpy too..

Think you are dead right there. You get less tolerant as you get older

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
Last watched it in the Lovejoy days, over 7 yrs ago - used to be part of the Saturday habit for me to watch it before heading to Withdean. Remember the chants of "eeeeeasy....eeeeeeasssy" haven't watched since as format got tired and simply not entertaining to me anymore, getting old and grumpy, more likely watching Jake and the Neverland Pirates or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse nowadays!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

This X a gazillion.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
was quite funny when CMS was on there and he joined in with the fans challenge at the end and sky'd the ball over the 30ft target

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
That Max Rushden is more likeable than Lovejoy ever was.

My teenage son and all his mates love it, and they are clearly the target audience. So to call it crap because you're too old to appreciate it is wrong in my opinion. I find it puerile as I too am getting old and cynical. But that doesn't mean it's crap.

And despite myself, I find myself grinning when Frankie Fryer is on.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Its often dependent on the guests these days, not sure its Lovejoy but these also loose production team so the writings and ideas are not always sharp.

Danny Baker winning out on the watching/listening stakes today.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I can't decide whether the fact I think it's shit now is because a) Tim Lovejoy isn't on it or b) because I am now a 27 year old grown up as opposed to a teenager. Probably a bit of both to be honest. One of those things where you liked something the way it was for you growing up.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
That Max Rushden is more likeable than Lovejoy ever was.

My teenage son and all his mates love it, and they are clearly the target audience. So to call it crap because you're too old to appreciate it is wrong in my opinion. I find it puerile as I too am getting old and cynical. But that doesn't mean it's crap.

And despite myself, I find myself grinning when Frankie Fryer is on.
Oooooosh

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
Once Lovejoy left they did find it hard to replace him but i think they have found someone likable now in Rushden but it still wont be the same.....plus the fact its been cut down from 3 hours to 2 hours means they have to rush some things which is why it seems out of place at times but i do still watch it......

EVERYONE HERE AT NSC HAVE SAID THAT THEY KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS!!!

ITS TIME TO KEEP ME NUT DOWN...OOOOOSSSSSHHHHH!

the Away days is prob the best part of the show now tbh

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here