Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar - 16 Mar

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Joining Ady & Al (or Addy, the name given to him by the presenter of the show before us who evidently had never seen the word 'Ady' spelt before) in the studio this week is a chap who, despite English being only his third language, still managed to talk the hind legs off a Spanish donkey.

It was our pleasure to have Albion VC Inigo Calderon - a real chatterbox - in the studio to talk about his footballing career thus far, and his parallel career as a sports psychologist.

We also learned

- how he has fulfilled his two early footballing missions in life
- how complicated his transfer to Brighton was - via Swansea, Gillingham and Norwich City
- who the person was who encouraged him in coming to the UK
- which Sheffield Wednesday player persuaded him to join Brighton
- his best goal for the Albion
- his worst goal for the Albion
- his mad-keen desire to play up front rather than in defence
- how proud he is of his heritage
- his favourite tapas bar in Brighton & Hove
- Loads of other stuff

The Albion Roar is on Radio Reverb 97.2FM on Saturday at midday, or available via Tune-In Radio, or at RadioReverb | Community Radio | Brighton,UK: Home You can also download it as a podcast.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Any chance of the Podcast being available before tomorrows game, ideally tonight?

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
was an excellent edition of the show, did you ask him off air about the Southampton debacle and being told by Gus that he would never play for us again? Thank God that didnt happen!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
it would be nice to listen to the Prognosticating without knowing the game/score.

Ok, it's either ready now, or will be when the iTunes tracker picks it up, should be within the hour at the worst.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Update - the show is now on the website, and on iTunes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fabulous.

It now occurs to me that as I already have a huge man crush on Calde listening might not be a good idea.
We could end up in a 'King of Comedy' situation. :lol:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Cheers fellas. Downloaded. This will be my listening on the nervous walk to The Amex tomorrow :)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
was an excellent edition of the show, did you ask him off air about the Southampton debacle and being told by Gus that he would never play for us again? Thank God that didnt happen!

I didn't, or rather I asked if he minded talking about it, and the 'no' was a bit reluctant. I did ask him about his contract situation (out of contract - there's a one-year option which hasn't kicked in yet), and about our number nine.

For those who wish to continue their man-love crush on Calde, you can hear your dreamy hero talk for an hour on iTunes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here