Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

wembley 1983

fireball

Jan 24, 2010
Can someone rember the song it starts like this .
when brighton went to wembley in 1983 so on so on

p.s hope you all have a great day sunday lets get behide the albion : thumbsup:

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
We went up to wembley in 83
To play man utd and make history
Robbo was through and passed it to smith
But the stupid scots ******* was pissed and he missed
Brighton hove Albion
Brighton and Hove Albion FCC
We're by far the finest team
The world has ever seen

That one?

D

Deleted User X18H

Is it along the lines of ' we do you wear that blue ribbon'? 'Why do you wear that Blue & White ribbon in your hair'?

She said blah blah blah...........'she said it's for the Albion cos we're going to Wemberley .......Wemberley Wemberly we're the famous Brighton & Hove Albion and we're going to Wemberly.

As sung on a slam door train on a most fantastic journey a 13 year old boy could make ....... ever!!! 21st May 1983. About 10:30am

corkster

Apr 26, 2007
on the streets
She wore, she wore, she wore a yellow ribbon in the merry month of May. And when i asked her why she wore this ribbon, she said its for the Albion and we are going to Wemberley (x3) we are the famous Brighton and we're going to wemberley.

is the actual song

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
Nobody sings the yellow ribbon song nowadays do they? I blame those young people with their allocated seat, hypnotised by a funny phone and wearing a shirt that costs £45 with no memory of BHAFC at Wembley. I was at Anfield. Not like in my day, kids today don't know they're born and another thing......zzzzzzzzz.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I remember it starting from the back a load of lads banging the metal cladding to a tune I'd not heard it went
Da da da da da da da da da da da da DA DA & so on , it started from the back and then everyone was joining along clapping does anyone else remember this

Feb 14, 2010
She wore a yellow ribbon.. quality football song as well as a great John Wayne film!.. She wore a yellow ribbon in that merry month of May and when I asked why she wore her ribbon, she said its for Albion and we're going to Wembley / she said its for the US Cavalry..

TheFatBallBoy

Jan 10, 2010
Hove
I remember it starting from the back a load of lads banging the metal cladding to a tune I'd not heard it went
Da da da da da da da da da da da da DA DA & so on , it started from the back and then everyone was joining along clapping does anyone else remember this

It was called the cup clap:thumbsup:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Nobody sings the yellow ribbon song nowadays do they? I blame those young people with their allocated seat, hypnotised by a funny phone and wearing a shirt that costs £45 with no memory of BHAFC at Wembley. I was at Anfield. Not like in my day, kids today don't know they're born and another thing......zzzzzzzzz.

No one does East East East Sussex, West West West Sussex either. That used to sound great in the old north.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Yes! It sounded great!

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
She wore, she wore, she wore a yellow ribbon,she wore a yellow ribbon in the merry month of May. And when i asked her why she wore that ribbon, she said for Brighton and Hove Albion and we're going to Wemberley. Wemberely Wemberley we're the famous Brighton and Hove Albion and we're going to wemberley.

is the actual song

There you go

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York

I think it was normally an England international chant that we hijacked

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here