Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you could sing...

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
... one - and only one - song as well as the artist who originally sang it, which song would you choose and why?

I'm a bit of a softy so it'd probably have to be I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing by Aerosmith.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Visions by Cliff Richard as it is my wife's favourite song. I made a record of it for her 60th but sadly not as good as the original. Mind she has kept it and wants it played at her funeral in years to come not sutre how it will keep on a cd. Will it deteriorate?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Visions by Cliff Richard as it is my wife's favourite song. I made a record of it for her 60th but sadly not as good as the original. Mind she has kept it and wants it played at her funeral in years to come not sutre how it will keep on a cd. Will it deteriorate?

A CD should last a few decades if you store it in a safe place, I'm sure it'll be fine. Might have trouble getting hold of a CD player in the future though!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Bohemian Rhapsody.

If you're going to have a singing voice, might as well have that of the greatest vocalist in rock music history.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bohemian Rhapsody.

If you're going to have a singing voice, might as well have that of the greatest vocalist in rock music history.

According to their one time manager that record could not be played live in its entirety for many years until technical equipment was updated in modern years

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
E lucevan estelle. From turandot by Puccini.

My favourite version is Pavarotti, but most tenors make a decent fist of it.

I have sung it a couple of times, once in front of 700 people which was bloody scary......

The other song I love is " it had better be tonight" from the pink panther film.....michael buble has an excellent version and I have again am a decent fist of that. Meglio stasera is its proper title.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
E lucevan estelle. From turandot by Puccini.

My favourite version is Pavarotti, but most tenors make a decent fist of it.

I have sung it a couple of times, once in front of 700 people which was bloody scary......

The other song I love is " it had better be tonight" from the pink panther film.....michael buble has an excellent version and I have again am a decent fist of that. Meglio stasera is its proper title.

Dave Have you ever sung Che Gelida Manina from La Boheme?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley

Voice of silk.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dave Have you ever sung Che Gelida Manina from La Boheme?

I have, magnificent piece of music. I sang it opposite a Russian mezzo who made my voice like a cat being strangled.

If you get a chance, listen to Rachmaninov's vespers in the original Russian. Sublimely magnificent.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here