Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Absolute stupidity

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011

D

Deleted User X18H

He wasn't seething about it as such. He seemed a bit perplexed perhaps that a bigger name referee wasn't appointed.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not the cleverest thing to do but does not really surprise as he is becoming a rather tiresome media whore these days.

Bet if it all goes tits up Sunday he will be mailing his CV to Chelsea

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bet if it all goes tits up Sunday he will be mailing his CV to Chelsea

He has to produce a promotion for Tony Bloom - the best sugar daddy of a chairman he'll ever have in his entire managerial career - first. Else he'll just end up as another also-ran like Di Canio. Micky Adams could tell him a thing or two about the Premier League biting you in the bum.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Extract from that report:
Gus Poyet said:
I was expecting the biggest Premier League referee available to come to this game.

Why would he be expecting the biggest PL Ref available? To the outside world, this game isn't any bigger than most others.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
How many times does Sir Alex do the same and the ref then gives everything to Utd as he realises he is under scrutiny. Good move by GUS he is learning the game of manager fast.

Difference being Sir Alex is a very powerful man in football and his comments can tarnish your reputation. Utd are also a massive club so the pressure will be greater on the ref as so many are watching.

Gus on the other has no sway on such matters and we are a provincial club. Makes the ref more likely to spite us than try to make atonement in my opinion.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
He's just reminding the referee that he owes us big time after his farcical performance in that Burnley game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We are as big as anybody in Pawson's eyes as he rarely if ever does Premier matches and he must be well aware of how the media and press love Gus and he knows from past experience he will be slated in the headlines if he goes to past form.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Disagree..... Reverse psychology at work here...

Pawson knows he made a total twunt of himself in the Burnley game..
reminding him of this stands more chance of working in our favour than against us.

Let's face it.... he know he owes us... Gus has reminded him how shit he was last time....
Fully expect the him to brick it and give us the 50/50 s.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Extract from that report:

Why would he be expecting the biggest PL Ref available? To the outside world, this game isn't any bigger than most others.

Sunday is a day when not many games are being played. Why provide a referee of the lower echelons when there are many who will have the day off?

As an aside, why would there be such a disparity in refereeing? If all top flight games were played at the same time, that would tie up 10 brilliant referees.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How many times does Sir Alex do the same and the ref then gives everything to Utd as he realises he is under scrutiny. Good move by GUS he is learning the game of manager fast.

You are deluded comparing perhaps the most influential club manager possibly in the world to little precocious Gus

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You are deluded comparing perhaps the most influential club manager possibly in the world to little precocious Gus

It is all relative to the standard of the teams and the refs involved and with this match being one of 6 matches on Sunday of which 2 in the Premier and 1 in The Championship are local derbies. He will realise he could be the focus of attention for the press and will do all to get a good press I would think.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
actually think it is no bad thing as the ref will be very aware of the need to justify his decisions and act impartially.

If he was a decent ref I think it could work for us but unfortunately he really is a shit ref so dont expect the game to end 11-a-side :(

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Yep he was a twunt but a bigger man than me, f"'''d if I would come back to The Amex and run around in black, at our most important game of the season, 26000 fans gunning for you.

Think about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here