Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere warning for Sunday

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
In my very many years of watching the Albion I have been to many many matches with an early kick off and on 99% of occasions the atmosphere has been close to a library, even at big big grounds with 40,000 plus. The reason people just aren't awake, it feels different, hangovers from previous day etc.

That is a fact. But on Sunday we need the AMEX to be rocking as we need that advantage so please don't get pissed up the night before, get to bed early and wake up ready and then hit the beers!!

Otherwise sit and watch the quietest derby day match for a long long time. You have been warned.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
The atmos will be rubbish ,game will be rubbish 0-0, weather will be rubbish , queues for trains will be rubbish , Sunday's are always rubbish followed by the next day being a Monday & back to work that's rubbish too

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
The atmos will be rubbish ,game will be rubbish 0-0, weather will be rubbish , queues for trains will be rubbish , Sunday's are always rubbish followed by the next day being a Monday & back to work that's rubbish too

I just love your positive thinking. You sound determined not to enjoy it at all.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Indeed. A sober, cold AMEX is a quiet AMEX.

Luckily we have a ref who'll wind us up.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Don't think it's due to kick off time. I think that due to all seater stadia, pre-booked tickets, sky sports and alcohol in the ground, the pre match atmosphere is a thing of the past. people get to their seats at 2.59 these days !!!!

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
Can us East stand uppers please be heard on sunday just the once! i love my view but its like a morgue up there most games

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption

0.jpg

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 185

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
If you remember, the last home game with Palace was subdued, even when we went a goal up. Everyone seemed too tense to make much noise. And that was an evening kick-off. Naturally things got even quieter as Palace began to take control of proceedings.

Maybe it will be different this time. Let's face it, with our injuries and suspensions, and the run of form for both teams, we're the underdogs. Last season we reckoned we'd win. Maybe the tension won't be quite as bad, though I do predict most of us will be sober.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here