Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheltenham - how many deaths ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Am trying to find odds on how many horse deaths they'll be this year at Cheltenham. Neither Paddy Power or Bet365 seem to have a book on it. Any ideas ?

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Enough to make 300 burgers.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You expect a few to get broken every year, just so long as its not one of the real characters or one of the astounding horses with great personalities.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
You expect a few to get broken every year, just so long as its not one of the real characters or one of the astounding horses with great personalities.

So if a horse doesn't have a good personality it is fine if they die?

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Horese racing should be banned IMO. The ammount of horses that die in the name of this 'sport' is unbelievable.

Indeed. Yet most of the people who watch Horse Racing have the cheek to complain that a couple of horses have died to make their burgers.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

"Oh he's such a charecter and you couldn't have written this script could you now"

Well he's dead now. Pass the chilli relish.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Are there any figures for horse racing and foxhunting deaths?

Over 460 deaths on the race track a year, and that doesn't include the amount killed simply because they don't perform as well as they should. (Wrote something on it the other day)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So if a horse doesn't have a good personality it is fine if they die?
Well, I'm only going by what they say on the radio, But it's often said that " so and so horse has such a huge heart and is a real personality " and that " todays racing is going to be the best days racing of the year because of ------"

Its a bit like Formula 1,It does not matter if some no hoper gets smeared up a tree but if it happens to Ayrton Senna, then it's a tragedy.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Over 460 deaths on the race track a year, and that doesn't include the amount killed simply because they don't perform as well as they should. (Wrote something on it the other day)

Where do your figures come from? Is that world wide?

According to race horse death watch

Our research indicates that around 420 horses are raced to death every year. About 38 per cent die on racecourses, while the others are destroyed as a result of training injuries, or are killed because they are no longer commercially viable.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
For the last two years I've bet on a horse which I eventually died in the grand national.

2 years ago I got two in one race.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here