Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Connolly to join Brighton on 30th March

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
David Connolly will join Brighton at the end of the month when his loan at pompey finishes, from a reliable source.

Your source can't be that reliable if they don't know he isn't on loan there

Mar 11, 2013
my source is realiable actually the same source that brought you all news of dobbie and ulloa, and the same source that also informed me that murray had rejected a new contract at brighton before anyone else knew so ssshhhh

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He isn't on loan there, he was a free agent and is on month to month deal. We couldn't sign him on the 30th March anyway as the loan transfer window will have closed by then as well. Even if he leaves Portsmouth he cannot sign for another league club as he was under contract when the main transfer window closed at the end of January.

The only way we could sign him is if he's signed a longer deal with Portsmouth and they loan him to us by March 28th.

Connolly joins as McLeod departs - Pompey - Portsmouth News

flying high

May 12, 2009
He isn't on loan there, he was a free agent and is on month to month deal. We couldn't sign him on the 30th March anyway as the loan transfer window will have closed by then as well. Even if he leaves Portsmouth he cannot sign for another league club as he was under contract when the main transfer window closed at the end of January.

The only way we could sign him is if he's signed a longer deal with Portsmouth and they loan him to us by March 28th.

Connolly joins as McLeod departs - Pompey - Portsmouth News

Surely he becomes a free agent when his contract is up so he can sign for anyone after but not sure just asking

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Surely he becomes a free agent when his contract is up so he can sign for anyone after but not sure just asking

No, you have to be a free agent on the day the last transfer window closed.

Not sure if he was or what the status of month by month contracts is.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
David Connolly or Ben Dickenson. Connolly in his twilight years, winding down. Dickenson, highly rated, young, much sought after, subject of at least one bid from the Prem.
No brainer innit. Got to be Connolly.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Not under the current league rules as I understand them. If you are under contract when a main transfer window closes, and you then become a free agent, you are unable to sign for another league club until the next transfer window. If you are a free agent when the transfer window closes then you can sign for a club at any time. It's why you'll often see players come to mutual agreements to terminate contracts on transfer deadline day as it gives them more/longer to secure a new deal somewhere else as they are not blocked by the rules.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
David Connolly or Ben Dickenson. Connolly in his twilight years, winding down. Dickenson, highly rated, young, much sought after, subject of at least one bid from the Prem.
No brainer innit. Got to be Connolly.

Deffinitely this. :thumbsup:

We've tried the loan market, it's my opinion that we should forget about it. Barker, Dickenson, Aggy. Surely? It's time, step forward young Brighton legends.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
David Connolly will join Brighton at the end of the month when his loan at pompey finishes, from a reliable source.

This is your 2nd post...

my source is realiable actually the same source that brought you all news of dobbie and ulloa, and the same source that also informed me that murray had rejected a new contract at brighton before anyone else knew so ssshhhh

And this your 3rd post.........

So how have you brought us news on Dobbie, Ulloa and Murray? I smell a rat!

And WTF is a Realiable?

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford

this source told you about murray................yet you have only joined north stand chat in March 2013? right.....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here