Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Couldn't make it up

Jan 30, 2008
brilliant , on the local news this morning they were saying the Palace game on Sunday kicking off at 12 was to stop over the top drinking from fans :facepalm: COMMENTS PLEASE
regards
DR

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Email sent by the club;

Dear Supporter
Crystal Palace are the visitors to the Amex this weekend. We will have another record attendance of over 28,000, but there are still a small number of tickets available for the match. To purchase additional tickets, visit seagulls.co.uk or call the ticket office on 0844 327 1901.
All the latest team news, travel details and any further match information will be available at HOME PAGE, on our official Facebook page and via the club's official twitter feed @OfficialBHAFC.

We appreciate that there is some apprehension ahead of the match. This is a fixture with a history of poor behaviour from elements of both sets of supporters. Together with the police, the club have put in place some extra measures for this match that we hope will reduce the level of risk of disorder.
The kick-off time has been moved to 12 noon on Sunday to reduce the opportunity for unreasonable drinking.
• There will be extra police and stewarding resources at the stadium, including stewards from Crystal Palace.
• A special train has been provided for Crystal Palace fans leaving Falmer station for East Croydon after the end of the match, at 14.35.
There are also three areas in which we would like your assistance to help reduce apprehension and risk.
• West side one way system - At the end of the match we will be creating a one way pedestrian system on the west side of the stadium. Fans leaving the away end, south west corner, west upper and lower concourses and west hospitality will be asked to turn right as they leave the stadium and walk to their transport in a clockwise direction. Even for those home fans in the coach park, the walk should add less than five minutes to your normal walk. Away fans wishing to access the coach park or park & ride queues are asked to wait in their concourse for approximately 15 minutes, when they will be able to access the coach park. The concourse will resume normal operations as soon as possible.
• Stay behind – If you do not have to rush off immediately after the match, stay behind and have a drink and a snack. This will greatly reduce the numbers on the concourse and transport that stewards and police will have to deal with. All the coach companies have agreed to delay departure for at least an extra half an hour. This will give every spectator the opportunity to see what the post-match experience is like. For this match you will be permitted to go back into the bowl to watch the post-match entertainment on the big screens.
• Don't get involved – Please don't get carried away with the atmosphere. Rivalry is fine but when it descends into violence and abuse, people are going to be arrested. At many incidents of violence at local derbies it is not hooligans that we see being dealt with it is normal fans who get caught up in the emotion of the day and end up ruining their lives. Teachers, accountants and businessmen have had their lives destroyed by a moment's madness. Make sure this is not you. Stay away from any areas of trouble.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
if i was at home i would be ON IT all night and just be quietly topping up in the morning before the twattfest............but then again i am 47 so should know better....:moo:

from looking at tam's post there will be lots of jolly old bill around to clear up come 1.45pm on sunday............ah well........just as well probably.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
"Over the top" drinking. What a load of scollobs. Thanks for the patronising tone whoever made that decision but I'm perfectly capable of deciding when I've had too much to drink without anyone having to tell me. It's the point at which it starts coming out of my body involuntarily.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
"Over the top" drinking. What a load of scollobs. Thanks for the patronising tone whoever made that decision but I'm perfectly capable of deciding when I've had too much to drink without anyone having to tell me. It's the point at which it starts coming out of my body involuntarily.

Well.. I recall one game earlier in the season... :cheers:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Precisely. After seeing CMS eff it up royally against Watford, I politely told him what I thought of him and left at half time in order to drink more booze. It's called drinking responsibly, I believe.

so, that's what it looked like from 'the inside'?

From the outside it looked like someone having a severe mental breakdown.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Why do you have to be drunk to watch a football match?
Well, quite - the opportunity to watch a match without needing to urinate every five minutes is one to be seized and there's nothing to stop people drinking 'til they burst afterwards :thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2008
Email sent by the club;

Dear Supporter
Crystal Palace are the visitors to the Amex this weekend. We will have another record attendance of over 28,000, but there are still a small number of tickets available for the match. To purchase additional tickets, visit seagulls.co.uk or call the ticket office on 0844 327 1901.
All the latest team news, travel details and any further match information will be available at HOME PAGE, on our official Facebook page and via the club's official twitter feed @OfficialBHAFC.

We appreciate that there is some apprehension ahead of the match. This is a fixture with a history of poor behaviour from elements of both sets of supporters. Together with the police, the club have put in place some extra measures for this match that we hope will reduce the level of risk of disorder.
The kick-off time has been moved to 12 noon on Sunday to reduce the opportunity for unreasonable drinking.
• There will be extra police and stewarding resources at the stadium, including stewards from Crystal Palace.
• A special train has been provided for Crystal Palace fans leaving Falmer station for East Croydon after the end of the match, at 14.35.
There are also three areas in which we would like your assistance to help reduce apprehension and risk.
• West side one way system - At the end of the match we will be creating a one way pedestrian system on the west side of the stadium. Fans leaving the away end, south west corner, west upper and lower concourses and west hospitality will be asked to turn right as they leave the stadium and walk to their transport in a clockwise direction. Even for those home fans in the coach park, the walk should add less than five minutes to your normal walk. Away fans wishing to access the coach park or park & ride queues are asked to wait in their concourse for approximately 15 minutes, when they will be able to access the coach park. The concourse will resume normal operations as soon as possible.
• Stay behind – If you do not have to rush off immediately after the match, stay behind and have a drink and a snack. This will greatly reduce the numbers on the concourse and transport that stewards and police will have to deal with. All the coach companies have agreed to delay departure for at least an extra half an hour. This will give every spectator the opportunity to see what the post-match experience is like. For this match you will be permitted to go back into the bowl to watch the post-match entertainment on the big screens.
• Don't get involved – Please don't get carried away with the atmosphere. Rivalry is fine but when it descends into violence and abuse, people are going to be arrested. At many incidents of violence at local derbies it is not hooligans that we see being dealt with it is normal fans who get caught up in the emotion of the day and end up ruining their lives. Teachers, accountants and businessmen have had their lives destroyed by a moment's madness. Make sure this is not you. Stay away from any areas of trouble.
in an ideal world maybe? do the club think this is going to happen ???
regards
DR

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The really funny thing is that despite this being the reason for the kick off time the police are still allowing the Palace fans to march down Queens Road to the pubs. Why not shut the pubs altogether if it's that big a deal?

Jan 30, 2008
The really funny thing is that despite this being the reason for the kick off time the police are still allowing the Palace fans to march down Queens Road to the pubs. Why not shut the pubs altogether if it's that big a deal?
doubt if they'll be marching? anyway it's all CCTV what's the problem ?
regards
DR

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I love it when people get so self-righteous about drunk fans at football. They write with such pompous conviction that I'm sure they think they have embarrassed fans into never drinking at football ever again. Will never happen and no-one is impressed with your teetotalitarianism*.

Why do people feel the need to drink at football? Because it's fun, that's why.

*How cool is that word? Hats off to Nick Cave for that pormanteau.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here