Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Poyet: Ulloa Will be 20-Goal Striker

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Gus Poyet said that Argentinean striker Leonardo Ulloa has shown the potential to be a 20-goal Championship striker with a full season at the Amex.
The 26-year-old has scored six goals from nine starts since his January arrival, which included the first ever hat-trick to be scored at the Amex, and Poyet is excited by the dimension he brings to his Albion side.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “If we had him for the whole season I’m sure that he would have scored over 20 goals, for sure.
“For a year and a half we were looking for that player; that’s how long we were desperate to get that kind of player.
“Whether we couldn’t find the player, we couldn’t afford him, the player didn’t want to come here – for whatever reason we could not get the player we were after, but we are very happy to have Leo now.
“The goal Ulloa scored at Barnsley on Tuesday night was very impressive and this club has not had a player like that since Bobby Zamora. That’s a long time.
"People might compare him to Glenn Murray because they have the same role but they are totally different players.”
The Albion boss labelled Sunday’s game the biggest game of the season, when Crystal Palace visit the Amex, and he has added extra impetus on his defence to contain the Croydon side’s all-out attacking ethos.
“This was always the biggest game of the season, regardless of if we were top of the table or at the bottom. It was always the biggest one because it’s the game that the fans really want to win and want to enjoy. It’s the one that everyone demands the players win.
“For me, I just want a normal game with no mistakes and no bad decisions from the ref. I want us to do everything we can to win the game because we need the points and because we are playing against Palace.
“They have a group of players who have been playing together for a while and they have a manager who wants to play as many forwards as he can.
“We need to take advantage of the situation and do everything we can to win. You need to be smart, organised and take chances to win football games.
“Their keeper has been outstanding and one of their key players and Glenn [Murray] been scoring for fun so we need to try and make sure that they don’t have the best of days.”
Palace tickets are available to supporters with a purchase history within the previous three seasons. Buy*online, via the ticketline – 0844 327 1901 – or in person at both ticket offices.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here