Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion v Palace official club podcast

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
http://storage.bhafc.co.uk/podcasts/AlbionPodcast140313

Has anyone listened to it yet? I'm only a few minutes in, but why on earth is Dave Beasant there? He's already admitted he can't even remember the one Albion v Palace game he played in and that he "doesn't get the rivalry".

It needs to pick up soon or I'm abandoning it. (sorry [MENTION=1318]Comedy Steve[/MENTION] who seems to be trying valiantly with what he's been given.)

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Listened to it yesterday. Funny but only because of hard work by [MENTION=1318]Comedy Steve[/MENTION] and the odd comment from Buckley. It's good to hear some decent views from a Palace fan though.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
its lame - steve talks too much, too quickly, no composure, no structure, messy, and he never really went to watch or cared about brighton till recently.

surely could have got some decent ex players for this one.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
its lame - steve talks too much, too quickly, no composure, no structure, messy, and he never really went to watch or cared about brighton till recently.

surely could have got some decent ex players for this one.

Come on, spit it out. What's your opinion?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I didn't get the idea of having it in Dicks Bar, the audience barely contributed at all.

Depsite Steve's best efforts, I thought it was somewhat drab, and was expecting a lot more.

Sorry Steve.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It amazes me that people like a good old moan up about something that's free

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It picked up a bit, mainly due to Steve keeping it going.

It does feel like a little bit of an opportunity missed. I guess Butters filled the "recent past" timeframe, but he seemed unusually subdued. Maybe a Kerry Mayo, Michele Kuipers or even a Gary Hart would have given a bit more. Having one of the players from the Mullers era might also have given an interesting perspective for those who "don't get the rivalry" too.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Well, it was an experiment, that sort of worked and sort of didn't. We normally do the podcast around a table and everyone's relaxed. Suddenly putting people in front of an audience stifled it somewhat. It was worth a go though and I think if we had more people there then it would have had more of an atmosphere, but it had some good moments as well as ones that didn't quite hit.

I think if Brighton had won the Barnsley game there would have been a bit more of a spring in everyone's step. As it was, people were being pretty despondent. Did my best.

Mate, it's a podcast, not a press conference. If it has structure it's not really a conversation, is it? And as for talking too quickly and too much, I suggest hitting pause throughout it so your brain can catch up with the words and give you some much needed quiet time. If that doesn't work, I promise to refund every penny you paid for it.

I've always supported Brighton, so I've no idea what that final barbed comment is about. I imagine I've done more for the club than you've ever done, but I haven't dyed my scrotum blue and white or have cultivated three square inches of Goldstone turf in the centre of my garden, so you probably 'win'.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Mate, it's a podcast, not a press conference. If it has structure it's not really a conversation, is it? And as for talking too quickly and too much, I suggest hitting pause throughout it so your brain can catch up with the words and give you some much needed quiet time. If that doesn't work, I promise to refund every penny you paid for it.

I've always supported Brighton, so I've no idea what that final barbed comment is about. I imagine I've done more for the club than you've ever done, but I haven't dyed my scrotum blue and white or have cultivated three square inches of Goldstone turf in the centre of my garden, so you probably 'win'.

i didn't mean the speaking was too fast for my understanding, more that it sounds a bit rushed, stuttery, and jerky......and you but in when other people are talking.....and laugh wierdly at your own jokes.

i know for a fact that in early 90's *e.g when the york, doncáster, hereford games were on - you cared nothing for the albion and never went.........and to play the "ive done more than you for the club" is super lame......unless the club is in your blood from supporting them in person as a kid, teenager, and in ones early 20's - what you DO (media whoring) becomes a little irrelevant to use as a "i do more" stick.

this is not to say i have not enjoyed other podcasts and i appreciate an audience in this case changed the vibe.......but dont go around making out you are mr brighton fan.....because some of us know you're not.......joking about colours in pubes is just not funny or relevant either.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
This is a bit of a one-way argument as I've no idea who you are but you know who I am. I mean, you really know who I am because you are talking about what I *felt* 25 years ago, which is a remarkable insight. Who are you?

'Media whore' is funny because I do actually work in Media and everything I do for the club they've asked *me* to do it, not the other way round.

You don't like the podcast; fine, that's your shout. But if you can't enjoy it because you're sat in an ivory tower going "he's not a big enough fan", that's more a reflection on you than me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here