Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you bet on the Palace match?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Obviously it's a huge game for so many reasons.

It's always massive, and there still haven't been that many clashes in the past 25 years for us 40-somethings.

There are recent demons to be exorcised, notably last year at home which went straight in to my top five worst footballing experiences ever.

There is a lot on the line in terms of our fading play-off chances, and their automatic promotion hopes.

And it is a very big game for Gus, who will get some deserved criticism if it all slips away again for the second season in a row.

So do you get involved financially as well as emotionally? And could you possibly back them as insurance against the nightmare scenario?

I am very surprised to see Palace are more than 2-1 (21-10) with BetVictor for this game. They are playing well, have the pace to really hurt us, more star performers and need the points.

Brighton are around 6-4, which is also not a bad price for a home game if you think we can overcome the issues up front.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I have the game in my goal rush if that counts.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If I were to bet, and I still may, I'd have to go on the Albion.

Nothing is worse than us losing and some financial 'insurance' is no compensation.

On the other side, if we were to win, a few quid in the back pocket will make it all the sweeter.

Maybe draw no-bet is the way to go at around 8/11.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I won't be drinking my usual pregame pints, or eating my pregame pie, so I have put the £20 from that on a Palace win.

Sorry.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Cannot bet on the result, like Bozza says, winning money after defeat to those Nigels is no compenstation at all...

I will however probably partake in a goalscorer bet.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Cannot bet on the result, like Bozza says, winning money after defeat to those Nigels is no compenstation at all...

I will however probably partake in a goalscorer bet.

Well, I can certainly confirm that is true. I backed them last year at about 2.5/3-1 purely on the basis that anything can happen in a derby and thought price was wrong. And that was when we were flying, and they were near the bottom, unlike this year. Of all the emotions that night summons up, a small amount of cash doesn't even register as a consolation, even if it was 'insurance against the worst'.

But if you do have a bet now and again, then I guess you will have a view on any match in terms of value.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
In general I try not to bet on Brighton. Although they're the club I know the most about, I find it hard to be as objective as I'd like with them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here