Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The New Bedroom Tax

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I sincerely hope not. If they do, it'll be the last time I vote Tory.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Hasn't this been passed already? Only a neighbour has got to pay starting from April

Feb 3, 2013
I have a 2 bedroom flat in hove and it's just me living there so will I have to pay more tax for my spare room as I haven't any lodgers? Really don't understand it.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I don't understand this bedroom tax thing. Who are they taxing?

They're taxing people in council housing who are living in accommodation where there is more bedrooms than people who habit there

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
And if your children are all under 16 they should be shoved into one room. A room to themselves is a waste of taxpayers money, you see, and naturally greedy.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I work but how can the Goverment tax people on housing benefit if they don't work, really confused.

Basically, they're forcing them out and into smaller accommodation

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
And if your children are all under 16 they should be shoved into one room. A room to themselves is a waste of taxpayers money, you see, and naturally greedy.

:fishing:

Although maybe 2 per room if there are kids under age 14 wouldn't be a disaster.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They're taxing people in council housing who are living in accommodation where there is more bedrooms than people who habit there

Its not a tax because i thought that it only affected people on housing benefit or will the housing association increase the rent for those who are not claiming benefit?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

But if they are of different sexes this won't be the case.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Its not a tax because i thought that it only affected people on housing benefit or will the housing association increase the rent for those who are not claiming benefit?

Yes you're right, those living on housing benefit in council or housing association accommodation

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
So an old couple who have retired, living in a council house having their rent paid are then asked to pay more as they live in a two bed house or move out, is that fair and just?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here