Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zaha named in U21 Squad at the AMEX

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
I won't boo him in England top, although if he does something to justify a boo other than playing for palace (diving for a last min penalty on Sunday) I may

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
If you buy tickets in the home end of an England U21, this pretty much amounts to booing your own player.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
No, he's representing England. He'll be representing the country, not a club. I'll cheer him on with no hesitation. He's what England needs in a technical player, and hopefully he'll mature out of diving.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I won't boo him in England top, although if he does something to justify a boo other than playing for palace (diving for a last min penalty on Sunday) I may

Good point. Will definately boo him at the U21s if he cheated against us on St Patrick's Day, otherwise not.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He's what England needs in a technical player.

No he isn't. He's another Shaun Wright Phillips/Lua Lua type. All trickery and no end product. Orlandi and David Lopez have more technical ability in their little finger than Zaha.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
No he isn't. He's another Shaun Wright Phillips/Lua Lua type. All trickery and no end product. Orlandi and David Lopez have more technical ability in their little finger than Zaha.

This, except he does have some end product. Normally a penalty, but end product all the same.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This, except he does have some end product. Normally a penalty, but end product all the same.

Fair enough. He is certainly NOT a "technical" type player at all though. Quite the opposite, all raw talent.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
There could have been a situation (if he was a couple of years younger) where Ashley Barnes was playing for Austria U21 so some fans could be booing an England player and cheering an opposition player! ('though I suppose some home fans might boo Barnes too).

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

And how old are Orlandi and Lopez in comparison to Zaha, and how long did Orlandi and Lopez spend in a respected top flight for compared to Zaha? He has time to mature. England needs a technical player, we have a decent group of forwards, defenders and goalkeepers, but the only stand out midfielder I can think of at the moment in the squad is Wilshere. Lampard and Gerrard won't be around for much longer, so then we're lacking in technical midfielders because of the typical English hoof it up field policy of play. Do we have any other England internationals at the moment that have the ability to do trickery? Trickery works, it takes time but it works.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here